• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay for mummy! Mum on a mission for *a hutch is not enough*

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
My mother is on a misson...

Everyone she speaks to who says "welll I'm thinking of getting my little girl/boy a bunny rabbit" she sets out convince them that its really not the best thing to do, for example:

- BIIIIIG vets bills (we've never had a big vet bill for Misty, but we dont need to add that in;))
- They could be irresponsibly bred and have various problems which may result in a sad child if the animal has to be pts
- Various problems with handling
- Lots of hard work
- Must have in pairs (misty is a lone rabbit, with plenty of human contact etc but these rabbit would be for children, children would soon get bored)
- They generally just arent childrens pets, can be very expensive and need much much more than just a hutch or cage.

All I'm saying... beware of the mumster!!!!:lol:

Yayy for Mum!! *a hutch is not enough*

Last edited:
hehe I must admit I had a pleasant surprise recently when a child in my church choir turned around and said 'my mum got me a new rabbit'

I thought, oh no... here we go.

It turns out her mum got her a rescue rabbit, a house rabbit, huge set up, fed correctly, exercised correctly, loved correctly. The girl has all sorts of problems and her pets are the one stability for her.

But yes, in most cases, I think we all think oh no... here goes the 3ft hutch in back of garden story again!!

Well done to Mum! :lol:

hehe I must admit I had a pleasant surprise recently when a child in my church choir turned around and said 'my mum got me a new rabbit'

I thought, oh no... here we go.

It turns out her mum got her a rescue rabbit, a house rabbit, huge set up, fed correctly, exercised correctly, loved correctly. The girl has all sorts of problems and her pets are the one stability for her.

But yes, in most cases, I think we all think oh no... here goes the 3ft hutch in back of garden story again!!

Well done to Mum! :lol:

Aww thats a lovely story, clearly this mum had done her research :D its a shame all mums arent the same when it comes to their kids wanting things :(

It's a nice feeling when one of your own family gets it too. I loved that when my daughter was in year 4 she nagged her teacher so much about his lonely bunny that he ended up having her neutered and adopting a friend from a rescue. Well done mummy, nose rubs for you :thumb::D

This picture just speaks 1000 words :(
986bcb06-dfa4-11e0-a685-0050568626ea_zps0e62c84c.jpg

Back