PDA

View Full Version : Snow??

chloeturner
12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Is it safe to let a house bunny explore outside in the snow? Theres really not that much on the ground, just a sprinkling, but because shes a house rabbit wouldn't she feel colder with not having a nice thick outdoor coat. I really want her to experience everything in life.. But I don't want her to be too cold to enjoy it!

Opinions?

*lily*
12-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Louie is a houserabbit but goes outside every single day no matter what the weather!

natsusakura
I wouldn't risk it tbh.

elmoandfern
It might be a bit of a shock to her system, could you collect some snow in something like a big litter tray and bring it in for her to play in? :)

Amy104
12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
If I would stand outside with no coat on I think its safe for a house bunny, but if I wouldn't then I think its too cold.

Snowytoshi
12-03-2013, 04:25 PM
It might be a bit of a shock to her system, could you collect some snow in something like a big litter tray and bring it in for her to play in? :)

This is what I do and the buns really like it. By bringing the snow to them, they're free to go somewhere else if they need to, instead of being outside surrounded by the stuff.

chloeturner
12-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Hmm, yeah I could do that, could collect some in a litter tray, see what she reckons. If shes not interested I wouldnt bother putting her outside. Just went on the back and its nearly all melted anyway :( maybe it'll snow tomorrow :wave:

chloeturner
12-03-2013, 04:29 PM
If I would stand outside with no coat on I think its safe for a house bunny, but if I wouldn't then I think its too cold.

Never thought of it like that... Thanks!! :wave:

This is what I do and the buns really like it. By bringing the snow to them, they're free to go somewhere else if they need to, instead of being outside surrounded by the stuff.

Yeah, I think I'll just end up doing this... Don't want her being cold and miserable :wave: