• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bathing/cleaning up a sticky rabbit.

Autumn

Warren Scout
Dexter still has a bit of a sticky patch on his side which hasn't come out with bathing in warm water or with him grooming himself. Have tried to brush it out but it's made no difference. Reluctant to bath him again so should I just leave it? It's obviously annoying him as he keeps trying to get it clean.

Any ideas?

Dexter still has a bit of a sticky patch on his side which hasn't come out with bathing in warm water or with him grooming himself. Have tried to brush it out but it's made no difference. Reluctant to bath him again so should I just leave it? It's obviously annoying him as he keeps trying to get it clean.

Any ideas?

I definitely would not bathe him again

Can you groom it out ? You may need to clip the worst off and then gently comb through the rest.

I definitely would not bathe him again

Can you groom it out ? You may need to clip the worst off and then gently comb through the rest.

No I definitely don't want to bathe him again. He's on a strictly minimal stress regime! Have tried brushing with a toddler brush but to no avail..... Perhaps if I wet the brush a bit?
Another thought was to wipe the area with a baby wipe.... They will get most things off like magic, but as e's spending so much time grooming the area I'm worried about any chemicals being injected :-(

No I definitely don't want to bathe him again. He's on a strictly minimal stress regime! Have tried brushing with a toddler brush but to no avail..... Perhaps if I wet the brush a bit?
Another thought was to wipe the area with a baby wipe.... They will get most things off like magic, but as e's spending so much time grooming the area I'm worried about any chemicals being injected :-(

A round toothed metal comb would be better than a brush, but as I said, you are very likely to need to clip some of the worst bits out

Making it wet/damp will just make it worse I think.

A round toothed metal comb would be better than a brush, but as I said, you are very likely to need to clip some of the worst bits out

Making it wet/damp will just make it worse I think.

Thanks Jane. Will give the brushing a go tomorrow and if that fails will steal hubby's clippers when he's at work..... Shhhhh!

just trim off the really matted bits with small nail scissors, might have to get someone to hold bunny though xx

Back