• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got any ideas for homemade toys that don't involve cardboard??

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Dizzi has started eating cardboard as if it was part of her dinner so I've had to take it all out of the hutch. They still have treat balls, chairs, empty yog pots, chill n chew mats and lots of ramps/tunnels to play in but now they're a bit short on actual 'toys'.

And as I'm a bit short on cash, its going to have to be something home made for the time being, but everything I come across involves cardboard or paper.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jo :D

Mine loves gnawing on lumps of wood, just pure wood like a log or offcut of wood nothing manufactured like plywood etc with glue. If you can go for a walk where there are trees there could be fallen branches that you could take for bun. Dry out first. Mine does not actually eat the wood just pulls strands off and drops them.

I found an old cage base when I was having a clear out a couple of days ago, and took it downstairs and put straw in it, and it is now a 'digging box' for my house bunnies, and they absolutely love it so much. Haven't laughed so much in ages.

I cut the legs off some old jeans . stuffed them with hay and treats tied the ends shut and cut holes in them .. throw that in the cage and let your bunny toss , pull , and dig out the hay and treats.. the great thing is once they have pulled out all the hay and stuff you can just fill it up again!:thumb:

Ludo is an indoor bunny, and I tied apple sticks off the arms of my floor lamps using shoe laces just higher than his head height. He enjoyed periscoping up and playing with them and chewing them.

Back