• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just cute!!! (And a bit scary...)

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Last night I caught Grayson like this...

...prepare for cuteness :love:
FCECFD5B-37DF-40FB-925F-3E819F37D265-5253-0000058C08A081C3_zpsbda9267f.jpg

81AF0591-62F3-447F-88C4-6F5ECB30D1DD-5253-0000058C114C0993_zpsbb97ade9.jpg

But of course shining a torch at him to take pics woke him up...
2F6D2DE7-4A02-42DF-B4F9-035A928E4D02-5253-0000058C1BA99556_zps2c1720eb.jpg

Ready...???

RRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!
E2662EFA-B963-44F4-BBC9-2295AF38A910-5253-0000058C49C5F955_zpsc205fa6c.jpg

3A28C291-2C4B-483F-991A-B478A3C7CEF9-5253-0000058C453D1B22_zps440e075c.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What?!
86DCC54A-CC75-4D67-9749-3C72FF4D50F8-5253-0000058C5148D222_zpsd2285aee.jpg

Last edited:
Good grief :shock:

Now I understand how a hamster bite can be so :censored: painful! Those teef can do an awful lot of damage....

But very cute too...and well caught on camera :thumb:

Changed the title to warn about the scary bit :lol:

Good thinking :thumb:

Just seeing those teeth brings back so many memories of my girlie Esmeralda...same sort of colouring. She was so tame but prone to having panic attacks over nothing and one night she had one as I was putting her back in her run, so I held onto her to prevent her escaping and running off to god knows where...and she paniced even more and sunk her teeth into my hand and then my fingers but I couldn't let go as I didn't want her running off :roll:. All I could do was just sit there on the floor, holding a hamster who was intent on destroying my hand and yell out 'ow ow ow ow'. Eventually hubby got the message that something was slightly amiss and came over and got Esme back into her run, and then nearly fainted when he saw the pool of blood on the floor:D...I was too scared to look at the damage on my hand and just wrapped it up in a tea towel and went off to A&E - there wasn't much surface damage but the bites went right through the bone in some places. Was a tad painful for a bit...:lol:. Us animal lovers are strange though - we loved her even more after that (but avoided picking her up again)...and was so upset when she went off to the big wheel in the sky. Happy memories :D

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack your thread :oops:...but I can't help but think of her when I see those photos. :love::love::love:

Good thinking :thumb:

Just seeing those teeth brings back so many memories of my girlie Esmeralda...same sort of colouring. She was so tame but prone to having panic attacks over nothing and one night she had one as I was putting her back in her run, so I held onto her to prevent her escaping and running off to god knows where...and she paniced even more and sunk her teeth into my hand and then my fingers but I couldn't let go as I didn't want her running off :roll:. All I could do was just sit there on the floor, holding a hamster who was intent on destroying my hand and yell out 'ow ow ow ow'. Eventually hubby got the message that something was slightly amiss and came over and got Esme back into her run, and then nearly fainted when he saw the pool of blood on the floor:D...I was too scared to look at the damage on my hand and just wrapped it up in a tea towel and went off to A&E - there wasn't much surface damage but the bites went right through the bone in some places. Was a tad painful for a bit...:lol:. Us animal lovers are strange though - we loved her even more after that (but avoided picking her up again)...and was so upset when she went off to the big wheel in the sky. Happy memories :D

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack your thread :oops:...but I can't help but think of her when I see those photos. :love::love::love:

Aw bless its sad to think they live such short lives I love this little boy so much! Thankfully he's never bitten he's a bit jumpy but if I'm slow and gentle he's really easy to pick up and handle. He's hardly ever awake early enough to get out much tho but luckily for him his cage is over 5ft long so he can get all the exercise he needs (whether he does is a different matter :lol:)

Back