• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Misty's set up *pic heavy*

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
She will not hop on the bloody tiles! Excuse the carpets :lol:
2013-03-11231409_zpsfa7cd6d1.jpg

2013-03-11231419_zpsf4387058.jpg

2013-03-11230956_zpsd38f4301.jpg

2013-03-11231355_zps6b6edcfb.jpg

Just nomming
2013-03-11231009_zps95e47d9b.jpg

2013-03-11231156_zps73902b6a.jpg

Her base:
2013-03-11231112_zps9e771906.jpg

2013-03-11231122_zpsbfceae3d.jpg

2013-03-11231144_zpsdd77d384.jpg

This happened when I put mats down in Conrad and clover's room. I just had to pick them up and put them on the mat. Then they realised it was ok :)

It all gets cleaned around 4 o clock, while Misty is having her tea and a nice nap, all the carpets get hoovered and rolled up so that me and my mum can get dinner without standing on the rabbit (as soon as the fridge opens, she there!) then at 6 or 7, clean papers come out, carpets come back out, toys come back out, until 4 o clock the next day :lol: the things we'll do for our rabbits! She has 2 night lights too :lol: just battery operated little bulb things, bright enough for her.

Misty is lovely! :love: Who's in the pink cage?

A couple of things….I'd have a lot more hay in her base to encourage her to eat a lots of it. A couple of big handfuls in her litter tray (in the base) are a good idea too as buns like eating whilst they poop :mrgreen: I also wouldn't put a hot water bottle in with her as if she nonmed it (and I always found my buns were drawn to rubbery items like a hot water bottle then the hot water could hurt her or she could ingest the rubber and get a blockage.

Is it possible to take the whole front side off the base? I'd worry about feet getting caught in the wire as she jumped in.

She's a very lucky bunny having the whole kitchen! Does she try to mug you for veg when you're cooking? :lol: Mine always did.

She won't eat it out the base, she prefers to sit in the litter tray in the corner of the kitchen and eat it :lol: and theres really no point because she barely ever goes in there only for naps and when it veg and nugget dinner time, and she barely ever uses the one in her cage, its there just in case :lol:

She prefers cardboard to rubber! Had lots more cardboard toys but since she decided she liked the taste, its just been cut down to a couple of tubes for her to toss around.

She's a good jumper :thumb: I will consider how i could make the whole of the front come off though as she gets older, to make it easier for her, but for now shes still a 4 year old spring chicken, she's never got caught yet, theres a carpet tile under her blanket so she doesnt slip when jumping out of the cage :wave:

She does!! That's why she has her dinner shut away when we have ours :lol: she's nearly been stood on so many times for being an ankle biter when she knows theres veg on the go! Just not worth the risk :lol: thanks anyway :wave:

She sometimes gets to hop into the passage to the bottom of the stairs.. But not unsupervised, we couldnt find her one day, and she'd managed to hop up the stairs, leave lots of poo's in my mums bedroom, and when we found her she was at the top of the stairs trying to figure out how to get back down :lol:

Last edited:
Back