• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

keeping your bunny warm

jemxx

Young Bun
How do you all keep your bunnies warm in this horrible weather?? Lola has a snuggle safe and her bed part full of hay and a blanket, ive shut her flap tonight as she tends to sit out in the freezing cold :roll: ive put a fleece blanket and then tarpaulin over her hutch just worried she will be cold because shes only small:(

Sounds like you're doing everything you can to keep her warm :)
My bun lives inside so I can't be much help but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help, plenty of people on here have outdoor buns.

I used to have a gorgeous hutch in their shed but thats had to be taken out....

I now have a large cardboard box filled to the top with hay, hay everywhere in the shed and two snugglesafes....

Someone suggested straw under the hay as it has fab insulation properties.. Perhaps this may be another option for you!,!, your set up sounds good though:thumb:

thanks :thumb: last time we had a spell of freezing weather i brought her in but it was much colder than this, hopefully she will be ok he seems pretty happy

I have a very thick layer of straw and i have a box in the corner which Woody was supposed to go in but he goes round the back so i put extra straw and hay in that area. He is in a play house and i put a fleece blanket on his shelf area.

Back