• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aldi advert - 'real baby rabbit used in advert'

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
have you seen the latest advert just in time for easter by aldii? im concerned and so are other bunny lovers as it involves a real baby rabbit, with child, while showing their chocolate, but it shows wrong impression and i feel people may buy on impulse pet rabbits for children if they see this advert, ie seein a cute cuddly baby rabbit over the chocolate, they could of done it better advertised , they arent sayng buy a pet rabbit for easter, they are advertising there chocolate which is good, but the eye draws to the pet baby rabbit, many of us know how people impulse buy pet rabbits seeing cute and cuddly for children over easter, this once they lose interest in pet they get left or end up in rescues ( i know there are some kids that do look after their pets like those taught well by parents like those on the forum)

its good advertising the chocolate and i can see both sides, but the message should be make mine chocolate :)

if you can please put your view accross by contacting them by email, letter or on facebook page
thankyou

Last edited:
I don't see an issue with it myself.

Aldi aren't saying go and buy a real rabbit for Easter, they are advertising chocolate rabbits. The little girl already has the pet rabbit and is saying she wouldn't want to eat her pet :?

Not aure i've seen the advert but i think i agree with Lily.
The only one i've seen is the little girl saying she'd rather have a real rabbit and the. Putting bunny ears on her dog and saying good boy. I thought it was really nice and you can't get away from the fact that rabbits are a symbol of easter and will be used in posters etc. over reacting just makes us look like extremists and so people are less likely to listen when something serious happens.

But then, as i said, i haven't seen the advert, it may well be apalling.

But then, as i said, i haven't seen the advert, it may well be apalling.

It's not appalling and I can also see Lillys point :) but the problem is many people will remember the cute fluffy bun above anything else and this will no doubt lead to more impulse buying or parents giving in to whining kids who have seen the ad .... I've suggested that next year Aldi use the situation to everyones advantage by highlighting the massive number of rabbits in rescues and promote chocolate bunnies over real ones :D Done right, It could be win win :D

Last edited:
I can see both sides ... as usual. :oops: To me this particular advert gives the impression that rabbits are not an equivalent or alternative to chocolate, but to be valued in a very different way. However I can understand why others would disagree on principle.

I can see both sides ... as usual. :oops: To me this particular advert gives the impression that rabbits are not an equivalent or alternative to chocolate, but to be valued in a very different way. However I can understand why others would disagree on principle.

Yeah I agree, I actually like the advert, I do like Aldis adverts though :lol: but it doesn`t anger me enough to feel its wrong

Not a happy bunny - they just didn't need to use a live fluffy baby bunny with a very small child for this ad. I really think it's going to plant a seed in many people's heads - we just know that this kind of image does - no question.

The ad would have worked perfectly well without the real version - the little girl could even have had a cuddly rabbit and said the same lines.

Nope, hate it.

Perhaps we could try and get Aldi on board by asking if they could send make mine chocolate posters ut to all their stores to be displayed?

The main issue I have is that 'Roger' is so well behaved that it looks like children can easily handle rabbits and look after them, which we all know isn't true.

The kid hardly even touches the rabbit. She just gently puts him on the table and he wanders off. Seen the advert now btw. Don't have a problem with it. :?

There's some real idiots on aldi fb page atm. Using the same, oh I fancy rabbit pie and other stupid comments. Anyway I've left a couple of comments. If anyone's about, maybe you can help educate these 'people' as well.

My Daughter commented on the page, she also didn't see a problem with it, and neither did I.

What I do have a problem with is someone on there saying this to my Daughter:-

"she is clearly one of the very people I refer to who wouldn't know how to care for a rabbit properly".

Oh really? :roll:

I am also appalled by the Mom of the young girl in the Aldi advert being slated for allowing her Daughter to do the advert.

Back