• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency vet appointment for Patchies tomorrow morning. :(./ UD first appointment.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
Since his dental he is not himself. He was given recovery for over the weekend but he refused to take it as well as refusing nuggets. We have given him hay which is the one thing he will willing eat and he is only a little bit interested in carrot or banana. He is peeing, pooping and as bright as he always is. No dirty bottom either. I am to take him in tomorrow morning at 9 but the vet said they have taken note in case I phone tonight.

Could I get some spare vibes??

Last edited:
Sending vibes, has he had painkillers?
It took Dexter a few days to get back to normal after his dental, and he has root problems as well so he was kept on the metacam to encourage him to eat.
Could patches roots be sore still? xxx

Sending vibes, has he had painkillers?
It took Dexter a few days to get back to normal after his dental, and he has root problems as well so he was kept on the metacam to encourage him to eat.
Could patches roots be sore still? xxx

The vet isn't too sure what it could be but he is gonna do tests for everything just to cover every possibility.

We have been to the vets. Me and the vet sat down and revised a good feeding plan for Patchies that will help with his teeth to stop them getting bad again. She is very very happy with him physically as he is bright and is in really good shape. He has lost a little weight as he was weighed on Friday and was 3.4kg and has gone down to 3.2kg. So not a big drop but still a drop in weight.

I am to stick him on the feeding plan, collect all the droppings he does from now until thursday to take in with me and keep them updated between now and thursday.

She was telling me about the dental on friday and how the nurses were fighting over who got to feed him and things. :lol:. Little charmer he is. She also said that it took more drugs to knock Patchies out than the German Shepard that came in at the same time.

We have been to the vets. Me and the vet sat down and revised a good feeding plan for Patchies that will help with his teeth to stop them getting bad again. She is very very happy with him physically as he is bright and is in really good shape. He has lost a little weight as he was weighed on Friday and was 3.4kg and has gone down to 3.2kg. So not a big drop but still a drop in weight.

I am to stick him on the feeding plan, collect all the droppings he does from now until thursday to take in with me and keep them updated between now and thursday.

She was telling me about the dental on friday and how the nurses were fighting over who got to feed him and things. :lol:. Little charmer he is. She also said that it took more drugs to knock Patchies out than the German Shepard that came in at the same time.

that's a bunnys high metabolic rate for you :)
Did he have xrays dome when he had his dental?
My vet always does xrays when she does a dental to see if there is any tooth root problems, then she knows if the bun will need pain meds daily or whatever.
Dexter needs to have daily metacam because his tooth roots are overgrown, and without it he's too sore.
Poor wee guy.
Hope patchies feels better xxx

that's a bunnys high metabolic rate for you :)
Did he have xrays dome when he had his dental?
My vet always does xrays when she does a dental to see if there is any tooth root problems, then she knows if the bun will need pain meds daily or whatever.
Dexter needs to have daily metacam because his tooth roots are overgrown, and without it he's too sore.
Poor wee guy.
Hope patchies feels better xxx

Yeah she did and she says his roots are okay. He has a deformed skull due to bad breeding so she says that is one of the reasons he needs regular dentals. But she says his mouth isn't the cause of the funny eating pattern.

Yeah she did and she says his roots are okay. He has a deformed skull due to bad breeding so she says that is one of the reasons he needs regular dentals. But she says his mouth isn't the cause of the funny eating pattern.

hope his roots stay ok then, least that's a weight off your mind.
How is he now? Any better? xxx

hope his roots stay ok then, least that's a weight off your mind.
How is he now? Any better? xxx

He has eating a little bit of his nuggets, but the only thing he is eating is hay. He is going through piles of hay bigger than himself. He is bright and happy, just something is off. :/.

He has eating a little bit of his nuggets, but the only thing he is eating is hay. He is going through piles of hay bigger than himself. He is bright and happy, just something is off. :/.

hopefully the hay will keep his teeth in trim.
you know him best so if something isn't right then you'll find it.
Would it be worth getting some bloods done to rule out something happening on the inside?
You must be really worried :(
im still sending vibes for him xxxx

hopefully the hay will keep his teeth in trim.
you know him best so if something isn't right then you'll find it.
Would it be worth getting some bloods done to rule out something happening on the inside?
You must be really worried :(
im still sending vibes for him xxxx

I think that is the next thing along with bringing in his droppings too. He has actually eaten nuggets which has made me so happy and he seems to have his appetite back. But I am gonna get him checked anyway just to make sure.

Back