• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think dear Estelle is going deaf.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
I am unsure of Estelle's true age as she was found wandering the streets of Cheltenham 4 years ago, and when rescued her age was estimated as being around 2 years old.

She eats, drinks, wees and poops fine, but the way she acts point to losing her hearing.:(:(

Yesterday I discussed this with Alice at Windwhistle Warren and being as Estelle has always been such a unusual bunny behaviour wise, we also considered whether or not bunnies could suffer from autism.

I'd be interested to hear anyone elses comments on this.

Many thanks. Di. x

I've often wondered about the 'autism' type behaviour - Tia shows signs of this, and I think is a little deaf too. Shes a lop.

I have no ideas, I'm afraid, but hope she's ok! If she's acting normal otherwise then not being able to hear shouldn't be a problem, although she might startle if she doesn't see you coming towards her.

After Leo's stroke his hearing went dodgy, I'm not sure if he's fully deaf or partially deaf. If he doesn't know you're there then he freaks out and dashes off to hide behind his dog bed. He will then poke his head up to see who it is. He eats and drinks fine although his poos are very dark, always have been, they are huge though.

To get his attention we have to make vibrations on the floor near or next to him but he takes that as "yay fusses!" now :lol:

Bless her. Mr McFlurry is pretty deaf, I think it's not uncommon in lops. Losing the sense of hearing must be much more worrying for a bun, as they won't really understand what is happening. :(

Back