• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you store your bunny bits?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
Parents want me to move my bunny stuff (hay/straw/bedding/litter/toys - the lot) out of the brick out-house as it's blocking access to the freezer/tumble dryer. It started off in a 4x1ft alcove, but has taken over a fair bit more :lol:.
(I suggested that we find a new home for the appliances and throw the 40yrs worth of accumulated treasures (junk) in it out, to put the buns in! ...it didn't go down well!:lol::lol:)

So I have two choices, find a way to store it tidily and out of the way, or move it outside and store it there (possibly in a plastic shed-type thing?). :?

How/where do you all store your bun's stuff? Pics would rock too!

Thanks. :wave:

Food and everything is in an 80L storage box in the hallway and hay is in the shed :)

This is an old pic and instead of 'The Range' hay for their litter tray it's baled hay that lives there, the hay for pets hay is in the same space though :) There is also a gigantic pile of newspapers under the dustpan and brush :lol:

DSC_0150.jpg

It all used to live in a 'lean to' thing my dad built at the back of his shed but it's just easier having it at arms reach :)

Food and everything is in an 80L storage box in the hallway and hay is in the shed :)

This is an old pic and instead of 'The Range' hay for their litter tray it's baled hay that lives there, the hay for pets hay is in the same space though :) There is also a gigantic pile of newspapers under the dustpan and brush :lol:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/alyysha1/DSC_0150.jpg

It all used to live in a 'lean to' thing my dad built at the back of his shed but it's just easier having it at arms reach :)

Ooh, that looks brilliant! :love:
A lovely bunny home and great storage idea, so much better having the hay near the buns, as taking it through the house everyday seems to create a bit of mess:roll:... I didn't think about shelving... :D Thanks

Hi, I just keep mine in the cupboard under the stairs, its out the way in there, but Bella knows all her things are in there, so every time i open the door she is in there, her food is up on a shelf though, i need some bins to put food and litter in because she will just attack the bags lol. I've just got my first bale of hay to start using for the litter boxes and that is in the garage in a quilt cover.

Ooh, that looks brilliant! :love:
A lovely bunny home and great storage idea, so much better having the hay near the buns, as taking it through the house everyday seems to create a bit of mess:roll:... I didn't think about shelving... :D Thanks

I know some keep their hay in a wheelie bin if you can get a spare :p also those outdoor storage things that look like little seats but I don't know if they are outside outside.. I imagine they would act the same as wheelie bins though.

These things -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7204500.htm

oh wow that's perfect (casually adds to basket) hahaha :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you!

:lol: I was going to get one but my dad made the lean to so there was no point. I would be inclined to cover it with a tarpauling to make sure it's completely water tight or have it in a shed or an area that doesn't get soaked with rain just in case :) Perhaps get some hessian sacks to put the hay in instead of plastic bags so it doesn't sweat :) They're cheap! I'm going to get some because in the sun it gets raaather hot in the shed so I worry about the hay sweating in the plastic..!

...but I worry about things like that:lol: it will probably be fine :lol:

I know some keep their hay in a wheelie bin if you can get a spare :p also those outdoor storage things that look like little seats but I don't know if they are outside outside.. I imagine they would act the same as wheelie bins though.

These things -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7204500.htm

I looked at them when I needed something for my hay and food, but I was concerned that everything would get wet when you opened it.
We also looked at the upright plastic storage cupboards but they didn't get very good reviews for keeping the contents dry.
In the end we went for a Wooden Garden Store from a company called Westmount Living. It is made from Shiplap tongue & groove cladding and around 3ft wide x 2ft deep x 5ft tall. At around £100 it wasn't cheap but it keeps everything dry and doesn't leak.

http://www.westmount-living.co.uk/garden-buildings/garden-stores/wooden-garden-storage/3-1-x-2-1-ft-0-9-x-0-6m-lockable-wooden-garden-tidy-storage.html

I looked at them when I needed something for my hay and food, but I was concerned that everything would get wet when you opened it.
We also looked at the upright plastic storage cupboards but they didn't get very good reviews for keeping the contents dry.
In the end we went for a Wooden Garden Store from a company called Westmount Living. It is made from Shiplap tongue & groove cladding and around 3ft wide x 2ft deep x 5ft tall. At around £100 it wasn't cheap but it keeps everything dry and doesn't leak.

http://www.westmount-living.co.uk/garden-buildings/garden-stores/wooden-garden-storage/3-1-x-2-1-ft-0-9-x-0-6m-lockable-wooden-garden-tidy-storage.html

Looks absolutely gorgeous, but I don't think I could spend that much, not when I could use the money to expand the bunny-palace anyway! ;)

Looks absolutely gorgeous, but I don't think I could spend that much, not when I could use the money to expand the bunny-palace anyway! ;)

Yeah, it was quite expensive, but you might get something like it cheaper on Ebay. You can get them in overlap wood as well.

Lucky when we purchased it we had got our some of our money back from the Farepak Christmas hamper fiasco, so was able to go for something a bit better.

I use a spare wheelie bin as, when we moved in, we needed bigger ones and the Council was late replying to our request. We then received four spare ones!!!

I've got a couple of bins outside - one is an 85L one which I empty my megazorb into and one is a big recycling wheelie bin which we requested from the council and a lot of their stuff (spare pellets, big toys) is in there. Additionally I've got a shelf in the shed where I keep a bag of hay, cleaning stuff, toys, treats, etc. Then I have a bale of hay in a duvet cover in the garage and a big bag of the huge size readigrass. Then I have 3 storage boxes stacked on top of each other for other miscellaneous bunny bits that I need to get to more often, also in the garage neatly tucked away :wave:

I have one of those plastic storage chests - the one I have has really good ventilation and any sitting water on the top runs down the back when I open it, not inside - the hay keeps really well in there! I wouldn't put them in direct sunlight though

In my old 4ft hutch from when i kept a single bun in the days before I joined RU:oops::(I won't get rid of it because I wouldn't want anyone to keep a rabbit in it like I did before I knew better) I can't think of a better use for it other than tagging it on to another setup!

Mine's all in the shed with the bunnies. Food and bedding in a plastic storage box.
The hay is kept in a large wooden box my dad made.

Back