• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So cold. How are your buns keeping warm?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
Down to -6.
Both if the boys water bottles were frozen solid when I went out this morning. Never seen them do that before :shock:

Thanks to advice on here mine are fine this morning!

There was a light sprinkling of snow, but they're tucked up nice and warm in the shed still :)

My outdoor buns are just fine :) they are in shed/avairy set ups outside and I shut them into the sheds at night still but will start leaving them open again soon :)

Mine are asleep under the radiator :lol:

It's snowing here and I dont want to go out....but Rosie has doctors at 10.40 :roll:

My outside buns have a 100 watt ceramic heat lamp im there sleeping bit so its nice and warm,if felt so guilty when winter came i had to do something, my girlfriend was like there rabbits there used to it but i know they would prefer to be warm than cold, i did have my reservations however as its mains powered but its to high for them to reach and well insulated.

I fill a cardboard box with straw/hay/newspaper/paper-bedding, the lot, then cut a hole for access, I always find them in there when it's cold. Then I tack blankets to the roof and sides of the bed area to trap their heat. :)

For their bottles, I've got jackets and bubble-wrap with a sock over it, but the spouts still froze up, I find putting bunny vitamin supplements in the water, and a teeny tiny bit of olive-oil in the cap/spout helps prevent freezing. :thumb:

It's snowing outside :shock:

Back