• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oooh so angry at this!

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but it really got to me; people just tossing aside their buns!!!!! It breaks my heart, rabbits have so much love to give, but their owners give up on them... and many are being kept in awful conditions, which will be sold, with the buns to new owners. What kind of a life is that?

So this owner has 'run out of room' I'd happily move out of my house and live in the darn shed myself than give up a beloved pet!
link removed by moderator
An incompatible pair being shifted and shunted from owner to owner!
Apparently doesn't chew cables! Well this will lead to lack of bunny-proofing, and a 1m cage is teeeny!
This must be the most miserable bun I've ever seen, I want to reach into my screen and pick it up :'(
OMG the tiny house! I wouldn't even keep a hamster in that!
Only had him a couple of months and want rid.
I pray this pic is only PART of her set-uplink removed by moderator

There were more but this was just too upsetting!

I just wish I could help teach people about these animals. And pets in general. They're a commitment, you wouldn't give your children away after a couple of years because they're not as fun, or the new puppy barks at them! I'm sat here in floods of tears, I just want to rescue them all. Because although I can't give them the biggest hutches and the newest toys, I can give them everything they need, and all the love in the world. :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me feel genuinely sick. The bun in the hamster cage and the last pic are disgusting, wish I hadn't seen them.

You can send the links to the freeads team and they message the person im sure.
I usually message them giving them details of local rescues.
It's heart breaking.

Humans are disgusting :(

I'm afraid we're not allowed to post links to free ads, so I expect they will be removed by a mod in the morning. There is a free ad team though, if you pass those links along someone will contact the supposed 'owners' with some advice on how to care for the animals and how to safely rehome. That's as much as can be done sadly, and as awful as it may sound my advice to you would be to stop looking. It can be soul destroying to see so many neglected animals needing help but we/you cannot save them all. The best you can do is look after your own to the best of your ability, share your knowledge with those who ne ed it and support a rescue when thw time comes to add to the furry family.

If you do want the free ad team to contact these people I'm afraid I can't provide any links as I'm on my phone (so please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors!) but I know Jaysmonkey, Captain Helen and SOAD are all involed so I would PM one of them with these links and let them deal with it.

I know it's not easy.

I'm afraid we're not allowed to post links to free ads, so I expect they will be removed by a mod in the morning. There is a free ad team though, if you pass those links along someone will contact the supposed 'owners' with some advice on how to care for the animals and how to safely rehome. That's as much as can be done sadly, and as awful as it may sound my advice to you would be to stop looking. It can be soul destroying to see so many neglected animals needing help but we/you cannot save them all. The best you can do is look after your own to the best of your ability, share your knowledge with those who ne ed it and support a rescue when thw time comes to add to the furry family.

If you do want the free ad team to contact these people I'm afraid I can't provide any links as I'm on my phone (so please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors!) but I know Jaysmonkey, Captain Helen and SOAD are all involed so I would PM one of them with these links and let them deal with it.

I know it's not easy.

thanks, have passed the links on x

I know it's not easy.

I thought so, but I think the forum rules slipped my mind when I saw these... Sorry guys! :oops::oops::oops:

Thank you though, for your words and suggestions. Greatly appreciated. x

You're welcome :)

I understand your frustration though, those are really awful. I don't know what it would take before I gave up my lot. Certainly not "running out of room"! They're living breathing creatures, not ornaments!

I repeat, humans are disgusting :evil:

You're welcome :)

I understand your frustration though, those are really awful. I don't know what it would take before I gave up my lot. Certainly not "running out of room"! They're living breathing creatures, not ornaments!

I repeat, humans are disgusting :evil:

I agree, I don't think I could, unless my care was doing more harm than good and there was no way for me to change that. To me, my pets aren't 'pets' they're family. My cat, the old lady, my wise nana. My dog, my big brother (or boyfriend if I neglect a few details when being "hit on" by an 'undesirable' character):lol::lol: Then the buns, the naughty little twin sisters that get into EVERYTHING... to sell them would be like selling my mum, or my uncle... :evil::evil:

I can't stand people who buy animals for their children and expect that they'll have to do nothing for it, then when it's got fleas and it smells, and it's been left in the corner alone so it's a bit bitey, they sell it on to someone who will do exactly the same!!! Just **rage** at these people!:evil::evil:

Yes, haha, you're right, they are. I may just hop off and join bunny-kind in the hutch for the rest of my days!

I think people should have to pass a test before they become pet owners! :thumb:

(I also think the same for people before the become parents, but that's a different kettle of fish).

It's so hard, but I can't look at buns on gumtree or preloved...it would upset me too much to know that I can't help every bun. It really is awful to see the conditions that the buns are in, and the potential fate of some of these buns. Often cheap or free buns don't go to the best places :cry: I know that isn't always the case, as my piggies were advertised free in a petshop window (one that doesn't sell animals) but the woman didn't do a home check, but she did say if I ever decided I could no longer keep them then I was to return them to her.

The details for the Free Ads Team are here and it's Jaysmonkey or Fifibutton that you need to PM. :wave:

Back