• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

this will sound crazy, but i can see ches

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i turned to look at the cage and there he was. just sat there looking at me. i stared for ages. i turned away and looked back and he was still there. i know that sounds crazy. hallucinations are part of grief aren't they? a normal part? or could it be him? i think i hear him aswell. probably because my mind wants to.

such a weird feeling. but it made me happy so i don't care whether it was real or not.

Aww, the thing is perception is everything. What you think or perceive is real to you.

Yes, the sense of 'presence' is a normal grief reaction, nothing to worry about or feel embarrassed or creeped out about - it is normal and is often experienced by people when they are bereaved. I think we need to be aware that losing a much loved bun or other pet is as likely to trigger the grief process as it is when losing a human family member / friend.

Take comfort in the fact that this is part of a process you are going through.

Take care :wave:

I do this with the presence of an animal who has crossed over. I can feel something very familiar about them, even years after they have gone. The difference in context is that once more time has passed I do not feel as sad when I perceive these presences.
There are also times I think I've seen a glimpse of them. More often though they come to me in my dreams.
I agree that it's part of the process of grief, but sometimes I think they arrive when we are also most in need of them. Whether it is just solely us wishing those old feelings up or whether they do indeed wander by once in awhile.

This will become another cherished memory. :) I would guess he is supervising the new arrival. ;)

The only time I've had this happen was with Clover bunny. Both me and my OH saw her at different times, and one time I heard her. It all stopped after Dusty died (which makes it sound like it was her, but obviously we checked every time that it wasn't!)

i sat at the cage last night and i wasn't even thinking about it, and i saw a white shadow move across the cage. i just feel like it was ches. normal grief, or me being crackers, i don't know, but i had tears in my eyes and then just felt happy. you never know, it could be him. :love:

my o/h looked at me in a very strange way because when i saw ches, i just started crying. it was just really weird. x

I must admit, I was so relieved when my OH saw Clover for the first time, so it wasn't just me!

I still hear and think I catch a glimpse of my cat NoNo, it's been nearly 2 years, I like to think she is still watching over us :love:

I used to hear my cat meowing and saw her out of the corner of my eye when she first passed. It has been 3 years now but the other day I thought she was sitting on the bath mat when I was in the shower. She used to wait for me there every time I showered. I like to think that was her visiting me.

It is so hard to lose them. :cry:

i'm glad other people have been through the same. i think ches came to see maisie and the new piggy, to check she was all right. and i like to think he came to see me aswell. he was looking at me. i wanted to be with him at the end. it was one of my fears that i wouldn't be with any of them at the end. :(

I think it's lovely that you've seen him :love:. He'll always be there, whether you see him or not :D.

Aw!:)

A couple of days after my little dog died - I was lying in bed (awake) and I swear I heard her little feet pitter pattering into my room, it sounded so real that I actually called on her.....then reality hit, it stung a little and then I smiled.

Its nice to think they still check in on us:)

Back