• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please for Lucy Rose/ Blockage / Update Rushed to Emergency Vets / PTS :-(

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
10-3-13014.jpg

This was her above this morning and she was fine but an hour later after this photo she started breathing really quickly and we checked her blood glucose levels and it was 8.6 so we gave her meds and left her for 30 minutes for the meds to kick in but she was no better and so tested her Blood glucose level again and it's gone up to 10 so Mike has rushed her down to the emergency vets.

Please please can I have Vibes for her as she is my girl and very special to me, we took her on after the owners were going to dump her on the moors if they couldn't find a home for her, she had muscle wastage in all 4 legs and a tumour when we got her and took her to our vet's we had the tumour removed and she's been great since and built up muscle in her legs but I'm so worried she may have another tumour. I'm hoping it's just tummy ache.

I just can't lose her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Awwww well her BGs were both only marginally raised and in no way indicative of an obstruction. Stress alone can cause higher BG readings. So hopefully she will recover quickly. Sending vibes for her xx

UPDATE 7:18 pm.

She has a blockage and they are operating now on her as I speak :cry::cry:

I hope she will be ok as she is an old bun. :cry:

Quick Update

Lucy Rose is coming round from her op but she's not out of the wood yet the next 24 hours are critical and
so I just hope she fight's as she is so loved not just by us but by all the customers that board their buns with us with us they all
have a soft spot for Lucy Rose as she is so loveable.

Back