• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confessions of bunny-holics!!

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
Sooo... What is the sillyest thing you have ever done where your rabbits are concerned?

Heres my confession:

When about 6 months after we got Misty, I rabbit proofed the garden (or so I thought) so she could have a nice hop around the grass for the first time.
She hopped down the steps onto the concrete, and I thought "I'll just pop inside for a drink, because I can see her through the window" went inside, came back out, and she was gone :shock: I was racking my brains to where she could've gotten out, in a complete panic. :roll:

I put poppy's lead on (because the rabbit like to follow her) and went walking down the street knocking on doors to ask people to come and tell me if a black and white bunny was on there garden. About 2 hours went by and I was distraught, I couldnt believe i'd been so silly, but then....

She ran up the street outside our garden fence, with our neighbours running after her!! While we'd been looking for her, she'd been hid scared under a car 2 doors down!! I took Poppy out and she came up and I grabbed her. Never been so scared in all my life. the neighbours went and stood in the road incase any cars came down.

The little ****** had found the a hole the size of a house brick at the bottom of our side gate, and squeezed through it :? :roll::shock: she spent the next 3 hours hiding inside a large cardboard tube, cleary traumatised by her ordeal.

Safe to say, theres concrete in that hole now, and our garden is completely bunny proof.

We all make mistakes!! Whats yours??:wave:

The first day I brought Stephen home from his old owners I didn't know bunnies chewed and nearly electrocuted him by leaving my nommy hairdryer and mobile phone charger within chewing distance... :oops:

The first day I brought Stephen home from his old owners I didn't know bunnies chewed and nearly electrocuted him by leaving my nommy hairdryer and mobile phone charger within chewing distance... :oops:

Oh dear, our landline has fallen victim 3 times to this!! :lol: shes not allowed in the living room now, far too many noms!!

I was standing in the living room holding Finx when somehow she went over my shoulder... into my hood. I crouched down thinking she'd jump down, but instead she decided to take bites out of my coat until my OH (who never touches the bunnies and is not a fan) had dried his hands as he was washing up and managed to get her out and put her on the floor :oops::lol:

No harm done to Finx (or OH :roll:) but had to get my coat repaired at the dry cleaners as it was beyond my sewing skills.

faline has gone running down the road a couple of times at my parents. The only secure place the rabbits could go when I had to unexpectedly move back to my parents was on a playhouse on some raised decking at surrounded the house. We had it sectioned off just by the front door but Faline worked out how to get over the barrier. The postman left the gate open and we had someone knock on the door to say our rabbit was out. i went and found her binkying round the neighbours garden. I shouted at her and she ran back in. She then later managed to chew the slats so they were wide enough for her to fit through and I had to go looking for her with a torch.

Just after we got Brownie and Buster i decided that the boys would be fine in the garden while i popped into go toilet.

Come back out can't find Buster. Looked everywhere for over a hour, in tears at this point as i only had them three weeks. Next thing i know he appears from some over grown grass looking at me like i'm some sort of loon with tears flowing down my face.

The worst thing is i stood on that grass when i was looking for him. How i didn't stand on him i don't know.

Just after we got Brownie and Buster i decided that the boys would be fine in the garden while i popped into go toilet.

Come back out can't find Buster. Looked everywhere for over a hour, in tears at this point as i only had them three weeks. Next thing i know he appears from some over grown grass looking at me like i'm some sort of loon with tears flowing down my face.

The worst thing is i stood on that grass when i was looking for him. How i didn't stand on him i don't know.

You just don't realise how invisible they can make themselves!! How Misty fit through that gap next to the gate, I'll never ever know, shes a lot bigger than she looks! Daft sods :lol:

Cookie actually disappeared for the day and overnight because I left the run open one dark morning! I was distraught but the following evening she made it back to the hutch (I left the run open in case) and was sitting in her bed looking like a naughty teenager! I still don't know where she went but I'm guessing not far. She may even have come back to sleep the first night without us knowing! :D

When we first had Poppy we let her run around the garden and she was binkying .. my dad said she had fleas :roll: :lol:

24 hours after getting Bobo we gave him a whole carrot:oops:..he loved it but so lucky he didn't get ill from it. We thought he was having some sort of fit when he did his first binky...:D

24 hours after getting Bobo we gave him a whole carrot:oops:..he loved it but so lucky he didn't get ill from it. We thought he was having some sort of fit when he did his first binky...:D

I think we all probably did this with our first buns :lol: thankfully shes still here for me to tell the tale, rabbits and carrots ehh, thats what bugs bunny does to ya!!!:lol:

Cookie actually disappeared for the day and overnight because I left the run open one dark morning! I was distraught but the following evening she made it back to the hutch (I left the run open in case) and was sitting in her bed looking like a naughty teenager! I still don't know where she went but I'm guessing not far. She may even have come back to sleep the first night without us knowing! :D

Naughty bun bun:lol:. It's a horrible feeling though, the not knowing whats happened to them :(

Back