• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rabbits are going to Tameside.

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

Albie has come down with EC, the vet has prescribed panacur for 28days.

After a long long thought, working through it with my therapist and discussions with my family, I am not being a good owner at the moment and I am not doing what is best by the bunnies as I feel overwhelmed. The trio are leaving for Tameside where I am confident Elaine will nurse Albie back to health and find them wonderful homes.

Archie will still be staying and when the time is right we will get him a lady friend. The guinea pigs are staying but are no longer my responsibility and all care is going to my dad.

Toby's walks, although he is solely my dog, are being distributed round the family.

The strain on my finances plus the debt I got into whilst on a high before I was admitted into the priory are weighing heavily on me and are directly impacting the quality of treatment the animals receive.

I start my new job tomorrow after nearly a year of not working.

This is not easy and I know a lot of people will judge me for being irresponsible and giving up.

I am NOT looking for sympathy but I wanted it known on here in case anyone sees them on the Tameside website and puts two and two together.

I genuinely feel I am doing the right thing and will provide on going monetary assistance to Tameside as my finances start to sort out.

It is a brave decision to make. It is the ultimate sacrifice of love to stop, hold up your hands and say you cannot cope. Rather than neglect them you are seeking the best care and future you can.

Have yourself a nice hot bath, listen to some soothing music and take a bit of time for yourself.

They've gone. I know deep down inside I've done the right thing. I feel very guilty and ashamed at the moment though, hence the tears. I'm doing the right thing though now and growing up and taking responsibility. I am just getting quotes to insure Archie as previously I had too many rabbits to "justify" it.

I've learnt a lot. Just because you can afford them at the time doesn't mean you can afford them in the future. Nor does it mean you will have the time you once had. For anyone who is thinking of taking more animals in on a whim or because you feel like you have too because if not it will be going/staying in a "bad" home please think about it. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but it's something I felt needed to be said.

Today has been a horrible day. :(

I'm so sorry I can imagine how tough this is :( I think you're being really sensible and brave and doing what's best for you and your pets x

hugs to you from us all, what a terrible decision to have to make but if its the right one for you and the bunnies are looked after, thats what matters.

hope you now have time to focus on getting yourself well

love
fee xx

Still feeling very :( for some reasons its bought back lots of memories about my bridge bun Blanche as well. Feeling very teary whilst knowing what I've done is the right thing. Very odd sensation to be honest.

Going to sort out my room and then have a hot bath. Thankyou everyone for your kind words xxx

I think you are very brave in being open about doing what you are sure is best for your rabbits. It must have been a very difficult decision, but I wish you (and the bunnies now at Tameside) well for the future. xx

I know exactly how you feel. :(
I've really struggled with the buns to the point I didn't know if I could keep them. The decision you made is the right one because it was right for you. It's never easy. :(

Sending you positive vibes xxx

You shouldn't worry about what other people think - I'm an atheist but there's a saying that sums up your situation 'there for the grace of God' - any one of us could be in your shoes, none of us can predict the future.

I hope this turns out to be the best solution for everyone and everybun xxxxx

don't be so hard on yourself. you have done what is best for them, under your circumstances, at this time. that's all anyone can do. good luck with the job.

You cannot blame yourself and nobody has the right to blame you. Nobody can foresee the future and people's circumstances do change.
Thinking of you xxx

Back