• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

our new guinea pig is arriving this evening/pics*he's here*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
maisie's new friend. :love:

got to get his cage set up today and sort out some things for him.

i'm nervous, but excited to meet him, and excited for maisie aswell because although she is coping, she has been so quiet after the loss of ches. i hope this bonding will work out and she will be as happy as she can be again. :love:

eta: here's the pics of him:

DSCF8827_zps470bbdff.jpg

DSCF8826_zps149a41a5.jpg

DSCF8823_zps653da464.jpg

DSCF8822_zps1b86fccf.jpg

DSCF8829_zps53c3b2c7.jpg

DSCF8917_zpsb26022e5.jpg

Last edited:
Aww that's sounds lovely , still sad for Ches bless him , but little Maisie will be happy again to have a little snuggle friend again and someone to play with :love:

Awww :love: I do hope they have a good meeting. Have they already been paired or will they need to get to know one another after he arrives?
I know sometimes bunny 'dates' are available to help bond two buns unfamiliar with one another to see if they're compatible, just wondered if piggies do that too or are they kind of 'instant bonded'? :)
Can wait for pix! ;)

Aww that's sounds lovely , still sad for Ches bless him , but little Maisie will be happy again to have a little snuggle friend again and someone to play with :love:

:( i miss ches so much. but i told him i would take care of maisie for him, and i know she needs a friend. :love: it will be so lovely to see her talking alot again, and just being a silly piggle :love:

Awww :love: I do hope they have a good meeting. Have they already been paired or will they need to get to know one another after he arrives?
I know sometimes bunny 'dates' are available to help bond two buns unfamiliar with one another to see if they're compatible, just wondered if piggies do that too or are they kind of 'instant bonded'? :)
Can wait for pix! ;)

yes, piggies go dating aswell. this is the preferred way really, because they choose their own friend. the problem with this though was maisie gets very nervous away from us, or even after travelling. she was fine with ches because she felt safe with him going to the vets etc, and we really think if we travelled and then took her dating that she would be so scared that it may not work, or she would get stressed. also we have no transport and all the rescues who would do the bonding were about an hour to an hour and a half away. :( but it would have been better to do that really.

anyway, so we got in touch with rescues saying what personality would suit maisie so we could match them. he will be living in a cage next door to maisie whilst he settles in so they can interract through the bars, and then after a day or two, i will be bonding them in a neutral area. :) then all being well, i can get the cage neutralised and move them in together. :love:

he's gorgeous isn't he :love: i have well and truly failed with not getting too attached before i know if they will get on :roll:

only a couple of hours to go. :shock:

maisie was being so nosey when i was setting up a cage next to hers. :lol::love: she knows something is going on. :D

i hope ches approves. we all miss him so much. x

In my experience, piggies are WAY easier to bond than bunnies :lol:. I'm sure they will love each other with no problems.

he's here. oh my goodness, he's gorgeous. and soooo tiny! :love: i held him and his little heartbeat was going so fast bless him.

he's in his cage now, hiding in the box but i can hear him eating hay.

maisie is hiding in her hay. she gets nervous when people are round.

i can't get over how tiny he is though. i'm in love :oops::love: x

I'm glad he has arrived safely, he is tiny but hopefully he will grow a little more, although he is never going to be a big piggy.

Back