• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding?

Bugs mummyx

New Kit
Hi guys I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I adopted a beautiful bunny in January and was told at the time she didn't get on with other rabbits but since having her and seeing how she reacts aroun other animals I'm under the impression that is not the case. She is currently 5 months old and I need to wait until she is 6 months before the vet can neuter her. She has had all vaccinations as at the time of adopting her she'd hadn't had any and has also now up to date with worming. The next step now is to hopefully find her a friend I was wondering if there are any rescues in the East Midlands that offers a bonding service as I'd like for her to choose her own friend I want to wait till she is neutered first (just in case she falls for a husbun ;) ) but I wanted to get a plan in place for when we're ready. She is also a house rabbit with the run of my bedroom and occasionally the lovin room too I fell to in love and enjoyed watching her to much for her to live outside luckily she worked her magic on my mum and dad too who also love her to bits and spoil her. Any help will be much appreciated I am new to owning rabbits too the last one I had was when I was very little I've done a fair bit of research but any suggestions or tips would be a great help too :D

Hi and welcome, your bunny sounds like she is very loved and i bet she will love having a bunny friend. Its probably the fact she hasn't been spayed as to why she possibly wouldnt get on with other rabbits, they calm down loads after being done but they can fight when introduced to other bunnies as well. Good luck finding a friend for your bunny. I am getting Woody a gf at the end of the month but it will be a good couple of months before i can even start the bonding process as he needs neutering and the girl im getting for him is being spayed on Monday so i have to wait for both sets of hormones to calm down before i can even start :thumb:

My bugs is very much loved seems like I've had her forever she's such a lovely bunny I just can't understand why nobody would want her I guess it was just fate I saw her. The vet mentioned it could of been because she's not spayed and also maybe the other rabbits personality just didn't get on with bugs' after all they're like us aren't they, they get on with some but not others. Either way I'll always keep trying to make sure she does have a friend of her own kind I don't believe in sociable animals being kept alone i find it sad :/ good luck with bonding woody with his new girlfriend I'm sure he'll be very grateful :D

I agree they're all so beautiful. I think it's all sorted then I just have to wait till my buggle can be spayed then we'll be in touch :D so very excited for my little baby although I've not had her long I can't wait for her to have a friend she loves spending time with me and I feel sorry for her when she goes to bed that she has t got a companion but I know I'm doing the best for her in the long run I'll just have to be patient lol

My bugs is very much loved seems like I've had her forever she's such a lovely bunny I just can't understand why nobody would want her I guess it was just fate I saw her. The vet mentioned it could of been because she's not spayed and also maybe the other rabbits personality just didn't get on with bugs' after all they're like us aren't they, they get on with some but not others. Either way I'll always keep trying to make sure she does have a friend of her own kind I don't believe in sociable animals being kept alone i find it sad :/ good luck with bonding woody with his new girlfriend I'm sure he'll be very grateful :D

I agree they're all so beautiful. I think it's all sorted then I just have to wait till my buggle can be spayed then we'll be in touch :D so very excited for my little baby although I've not had her long I can't wait for her to have a friend she loves spending time with me and I feel sorry for her when she goes to bed that she has t got a companion but I know I'm doing the best for her in the long run I'll just have to be patient lol

I know what you mean, Bella is a house bun, hubby says we cant have another bun in the house, we had planned to have Bella outside so she could have a friend so we got Woody, but i changed my mind because i would miss having her around :( So i said to hubby if we get a friend for Woody and Bella can stay inside. But atm Woody is outside on his own and i feel so bad he's on his own, even though i know it wont be for much longer, it still makes me feel bad. I am going to work on hubby to get another bunny for inside once i know our money situation is a bit more stable, which it will be in a couple of months, i think i will be able to get my way :D I usually do haha!

I find the best way to go about it is to drop her at a rescue who offer a bonding service and let them work their magic. Whatever you do, try not to set your heart on a particular bun or colour or personality, because in the end, the more flexiible you are, the more likely they are to find the perfect husbun. We are obviously all drawn to a certain type of bun more than others - I always loved lops - but in the 18 I have owned, only 4 have been lops... I just let my favourite rescue 'choose' for me and am just glad when they come back happy and groomed. Up. Good luck, it sounds like you are doing the absolute best for your bun.

My oh is the same his reply to anything I do now is "do what you want, you will anyway" haha! He is great though he pretends he's not interested yet sit cuddling bugs when he thinks I'm not paying attention haha! I have guinea pigs too and the amount of people that keep one on its own upsets me I have two boys and they love each other half the time they'd much prefer to spend time together than outside the cage if I'm holding one the other squeaks and searches the cage. I know bugs probably isn't greatly bothered by it but still i feel bad for her but I know it won't be much longer.

And that's exactly how I feel anyway I just want a friend for bugs I know she'll get on with I don't have any favourite breed or colour every rabbit deserves a home and I'm happy to have any kind wether it male or female or whatever it's bugs' and the other rabbits happiness that matters to me. I want to make sure they are well bonded as I'd hate for them to fall out and me have to return the rabbit or any of them to potentially get hurt. I'm not very good at giving animals back as my boyfriend will inform you haha.

Back