• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When I kiss my rabbit on his forehead does he know it means I love him?

RabbitBoy_

Young Bun
So, yeah, when I kiss him on his forehead and nose does he know it's a sign of love? BTW, if this is in the wrong section please have it moved.

Depends on whether to tell him you love him straight after??:lol::lol: I always tell mine I love them loads and loads and loads every time I kiss them on the head just to make sure they know:love::love::love:

Last edited:
I always open my two's hutch and put my whole head in and kiss both their foreheads at the same time, they seem to love it (because they don't run off and they lay down and shut their eyes). Last night one of them started tooth purring as I kissed them so they must really like it! So I like to think they know it's a sign of affection from me to them! Rabbits show affection to each other by grooming each other inc their heads, so I suppose you kissing your bunny on the forehead could be interpreted by him as you grooming him in affection? That's what my two seem to think anyway!

I'm not going to be kissing them so much for a little while... They are moulting so much! Yesterday I had rabbit hairs in my eyes, under my contact lenses and on top of them! :roll: I don't know if I can resist though because they have such kissable faces!

I give poppy kisses and she tooth purrs, she is soooooo soft and loving... each time i go out to the hutches she is sat ready to give me kisses. Love my poppy mae lots :love::love::love:

( i do love my other buns too but she is the most affectionate)

I like to give my bunnies kisses too.
I think they know I'm doing it because I love them lots, I do usually get a quick kiss or lick back :D

Yes! Mine have started chattering their teeth at me when I do it. :love: It often sets me off an allergic reaction especially with Cookie, but I can't help myself! They are single buns at the moment, so think it's nice for them :)

Really? No, he is either telling you to get out of the way or give him food.
Depends on your pretext. Rabbits sadly do not have human emotions.
They love food, each other and space to binky. Feed, provide the best possible space for your bun to live and enjoy.
Don't humanise an animal, that's why so many people get disinterested in their pets, because they don't feel that they are reciprocating. Do your home work, work out what pet is best for you and the time you can give it, and then start asking questions.

I'd say that the nearest ways we can show rabbits affection in terms they understand is by "nose rubs" or ear stroking = allogrooming when they reciprocate by licking your hand.
They usually start to chatter or grind their teeth very quickly = Wow this is heaven!!
Benjie is a bit unusual in that he likes being stroked anywhere on his face including whiskers.

A more distant way of saying "I love you" is to attempt to wrinkle your nose at them slowly, stop & wait. When they realise what you're trying to do, they'll reciprocate, so you get lengthy wrinkly nose converations of "I love you" - "Ilove you too" going on.

Yes I say to Doughnut I want a kiss and she looks up and I get a few licks. She knows what it means, not sure she knows that I love her but I hope she does.

Aww. I think Stephen knows because he'll reciprocate in kind and will "groom" my face and hair after I've kissed him on the nose and given him noserubs. :love:

I think Ellie is slowly getting what I'm trying to say but she's definitely the boss and doesn't groom back!

My bunnies definitely enjoy the nose rubs, strokes and massage, because Sprocket especially adopts that head down, bum up posture that says "groom me". And he tooth purrs straight away. :love::love:

Back