• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just to show its not all sadness and tears at Rainbow Rabbits!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I am sure from my threads many of you think this is the case, but just to prove we do have some happy endings ( although i think all buns that come here have a happy ending!) I thought i would update ona couple of our newer bunnies.

Cinderella and Prince Charming arrived here just after Christmas. They were originally part of the huge Wakefield rescue (I think around July last year?) and had been in rescue ever since. They came to us because it was thought they could never be neutered due to a lack of development and Cinders has a particularly bad splay leg. When they got here they were so thin, Prince particularly a bag of bones and covered in matts.

Within weeks they had put on loads of weight, Prince increased by a third of his body :D His matts were gradually shaved out as it stressed him a lot and finally he was strong enough and big enough to be neutered - which he sailed through.

Cinderella had her leg x-rayed and although it wasn't great news we now know what we are dealing with and she has the correct pain relief. She has also had a hormone implant as at one point head humping became her favourite hobby :lol:

Yesterday they had their first dual vaccine and got a clean bill of health so both are happy bright young bunnies living life to the full. We know Cinder's life will be shorter than most but she is making the most out of the time she does have. :love: :D

Awww - just what is needed on this Friday afternoon - to read about rabbits that have come through so much and out the other side.:thumb:

Just great and all thanks to your care! :D

I am sure from my threads many of you think this is the case, but just to prove we do have some happy endings ( although i think all buns that come here have a happy ending!) I thought i would update ona couple of our newer bunnies.

I would wholeheartedly agree with that. :love::love:

It's good to hear that they're both doing well and enjoying life. :D

So happy to read positive bunny news on this horribly wet and gloomy looking Friday. And it is all due to your fantastic work! :thumb:

I think with the sanctuary residents our attention is often more focussed on the negative (because theres a lot more of it when an animal is very ill and elderly) and we forget to shout our sucess stories too - we tend to just use the feel good factor to spur us on with the rest.

Nice to read your good news....:D

Thanks. In total we got five bunnies vaccinated yesterday, all had been treated, neutered and bonded in the past three months. So yes it have us a real and much needed boost this week

Back