• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about Tiffany/ UD p20/ amazing p26

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
For those that don't know Tiffany, she had one hind leg removed at the age of five weeks and is now coming up to six years old. Over the last 18 months her remaining three legs have slowly started to give way.

These past few weeks Tiffany's mobility has become more severely affected and she is now at a stage where her legs can barely lift her, her spine is badly twisted and she is basically stuck in a side sitting position. She can't hop or walk, the only way she moves is to sort of throw herself :( She has also been having increasing episodes of stasis, which only last for a few hours but are getting closer and closer together.

Yesterday when i cleaned her out she just lay in her house. Normally she is more than happy to "help", digging the dirty hay sack, throwing the dustpan and generally getting in the way. Even afterwards she didn't bother to eat any of the fresh hay which is not like her at all.

She is not a happy bunny at the moment and we feel her quality of life is now badly affected :( We are going back to the vets in the morning but not sure what they can offer to help her.

Tiffany has been with us for along time, when Rainbow Rabbits was still an idea we sort of had! Personally I can't really cope with losing another well loved member of our family. But its not about me its about Tiff and her quality of life. Just praying we can find a way forward for her tomorrow x

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Liz. As a complete outsider reading this for the first time, I'd say that perhaps now is her 'time' as she struggles to find any quality of life. However, you know her better than anyone and if there's hope to be had, I'm sure you and Steve will find it and do what you know is in her best interests. Sending massive (((vibes))) and thoughts.

I'm so sorry Liz. As a complete outsider reading this for the first time, I'd say that perhaps now is her 'time' as she struggles to find any quality of life. However, you know her better than anyone and if there's hope to be had, I'm sure you and Steve will find it and do what you know is in her best interests. Sending massive (((vibes))) and thoughts.

Thanks Sue, I think the best hope we have is if she is in pain and we can get that under control again. Otherwise I suspect you are right x

My feelings too.

Sending strong vibes and take care wishes to you all. xxxx

Thank you. Typically she is having a really bright afternoon! So I guess it's just a case of wait and see what the vet says tomorrow x

Thank you. Typically she is having a really bright afternoon! So I guess it's just a case of wait and see what the vet says tomorrow x

Gawd - they always do that, the little devils :lol:. Glad she's having a good afternoon though. Enjoy every minute of it.

Aww bless her, i suppose she's like us and has days when she aches and just cant be bothered, Glad she's cheered up a wee bit..

wee pet.. lots of love to you and your furries.....

Fee xxxxxx

Oh bless her. I really hope it can be sorted....if not then I'm sure you will make the right decision for her.xx

I missed this yesterday, but will keep Tiffany in my thoughts this morning. x

Thank you all very much :wave:

Tiffany is back home after her appointment :D She has arthritis in her spine so she has extra metacam to see if it helps.

The vet said she is in far to good a condition to pts just yet. She is always clean underneath and has no sores on her remaining feet - stable matting is amazing, her weight is stable and her coat is beautiful :love:

However I can see in her eyes that she is not as happy as she was, so the above positives are not a good enough reason to keep her going indefinitely, but they do mean it is still worth trying for a little longer xx

Back