• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Zealand White, does any one own one?

el1983

Mama Doe
Hi i am getting a New Zealand white hopefull at the end of the month, i was just wondering if anyone else has them and what they're like? I have read that they're very calm and they sound lovely. I have a french lop Bella and she is pretty big so i think she will be about the same size wise as Bella. Can i have piccies as well please :D

I have 2, mine are very laid back and friendly. The one does scan alot and often seems spaced out. Mine aren't as big as a frenchie they are about 3.5kg

This is Daisy... :love:

DSCF9915_zpsb461372e.jpg

She is awesome :love: she has a huge personality, she is very affectionate and loves strokes and being snuggled on the floor, but will not be picked up. She is very intelligent and funny to watch. If I leave my shoes in the middle of the floor she tidies them up! :lol: she is a very big girl at almost 6kg :shock: I love her to bits :love: you will not regret getting a NZ, I am sure! Are you bonding her with Bella then? :wave:

Bella is 5.5KG so yeah thats a bit smaller, i was thinking they got bigger im not reading things properly haha! Thats even better then because im getting her as a gf for my standard Rex and he weighs about 2.7 kg so she wont be as big as i thought, which is good!

This is Daisy... :love:

DSCF9915_zpsb461372e.jpg

She is awesome :love: she has a huge personality, she is very affectionate and loves strokes and being snuggled on the floor, but will not be picked up. She is very intelligent and funny to watch. If I leave my shoes in the middle of the floor she tidies them up! :lol: she is a very big girl at almost 6kg :shock: I love her to bits :love: you will not regret getting a NZ, I am sure! Are you bonding her with Bella then? :wave:

She is AMAZING!!!!!!!

No im getting her to bond with my standard Rex Woody. The sizes must differ then, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, im even more excited now! Thank you for the piccie :love:

Oh my god!!!!!!

Oh i am far too excited now, i have to wait AGES!!!!!!! Im so excited to get her. Your bunnies are beyond cute and i hope my too fall in love so i can take piccies of them in love :love: I think once hubby see's them in love he would sway to let me have a husbun for Bella :thumb: Give it time, i think i can work on him haha. Keep the pics coming!

urm...ripminnie...I have a gift for you...can you pm me your address?? I wanted to bring it round.

*this is not a bun nap plot. Not at all. No. Not me. I don't plot to bun nap amazing buns.*

urm...ripminnie...I have a gift for you...can you pm me your address?? I wanted to bring it round.

*this is not a bun nap plot. Not at all. No. Not me. I don't plot to bun nap amazing buns.*

Haha that made me laugh, i actually thought you had a gift for her! :lol: Well im getting one soon and they have 2 other girls :D

I don't have one, would love one but they're too big for hutches or cages. It's a shame as there are so many in rescue, I'd love a rescue NZW like Cinderella and Prince Charming (two buns rescued by someone on here from a terrible situation). They were gorgeous :love:

I don't have one, would love one but they're too big for hutches or cages. It's a shame as there are so many in rescue, I'd love a rescue NZW like Cinderella and Prince Charming (two buns rescued by someone on here from a terrible situation). They were gorgeous :love:

Wow! They are gorgeous!!!! Yes i have a play house atm for Woody but he will be going into the double hutch that i have managed to get my hands on with a run attached as he is the smaller of the 2, and Jessie (thats what we're calling her) will go into Woody's play house, once they're bonded im planning on attaching the hutch, play house and run together, this is all a temporary set up, we will be getting them a new bigger play house to live in early summer with a large run and they will get plenty of free time in the garden/patio. I am so excited!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: you had me confused for a minute!!! :oops: :lol:

I do :) Gracie is an ex laboratory rabbit who I adopted from Camp Nibble. Her ear injury is a result of her time in the lab :cry:

She is a complete softy, although has no loyalty because if you give headrubs or food you're her new best friend :lol::lol: She knows mummy and daddy though :love:
Here's my gorgeous girl
406177_257538931025038_2012365716_n.jpg

532169_272124426233155_993295732_n.jpg

6644_301582353287362_977650272_n.jpg

483121_323795321066065_2126501291_n.jpg

306192_335222423256688_1399126421_n.jpg

I do :) Gracie is an ex laboratory rabbit who I adopted from Camp Nibble. Her ear injury is a result of her time in the lab :cry:

She is a complete softy, although has no loyalty because if you give headrubs or food you're her new best friend :lol::lol: She knows mummy and daddy though :love:
Here's my gorgeous girl
406177_257538931025038_2012365716_n.jpg

532169_272124426233155_993295732_n.jpg

6644_301582353287362_977650272_n.jpg

483121_323795321066065_2126501291_n.jpg

306192_335222423256688_1399126421_n.jpg

She is gorgeous!!!!! I need more pictures please, lots of picture of your rabbits hehe. Jessie and her 2 sisters were rescued from being ferret food :evil::evil: I cant wait to see her, im hoping to go see her next weekend, if hubby will drive me there, i dont fancy driving so far, i dont go on motorways :lol: She looks a good size too, i love the big bunnies, so chunky! Thank you for the piccies :thumb:

Back