• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dexter having emergency dental in morning :-(

Autumn

Warren Scout
Dexter is now booked in for emergency dental in the morning. They are going to neuter and remove the matting at the same time.

I'm a wreck :-(

Please stay positive, hopefully you will be getting a happier bunny back. Worrying about him eating is awful.

Looking forward to some new pics of the gorgeous little one.

Good luck to the beautiful boy,,,, After all hes had to endure, I am sure he'll do well, just to come back to a loving home..

Lots of noserubs and vibes to him.....
xxx.

Good luck Dexter x

Are the vets sure it'll be ok to neuter him if he's currently not eating? Our vet wouldn't neuter Buckley during a dental because he wasn't eating normally beforehand.

Good luck Dexter x

Are the vets sure it'll be ok to neuter him if he's currently not eating? Our vet wouldn't neuter Buckley during a dental because he wasn't eating normally beforehand.

Our feeling is that he's been through so much already neither of us wants to risk him having to have two GA's and two days at the vet, especially given the fact that it was the stress of the vet that has seemingly been the catalyst for putting him off his food.

Essentially we are going to see how he goes to night and my feeling is that if I'm not happy with his overnight status then we'll have to reassess in the morning.

I'm keeping same by reminding myself that whilst he is only 'picking' at food he genuinely seems happy in him self. Lots of hopping about, trying to wash through all of those matts and showing real interest in everything that is thrown at him.

I have to wonder. If some random person had taken him, just wanting a free rabbit, I genuinely don't think they'd have realised there was a problem. His outward appearance is that of a feisty and very happy bunny :-/ xxx

Our feeling is that he's been through so much already neither of us wants to risk him having to have two GA's and two days at the vet, especially given the fact that it was the stress of the vet that has seemingly been the catalyst for putting him off his food.

Essentially we are going to see how he goes to night and my feeling is that if I'm not happy with his overnight status then we'll have to reassess in the morning.

I'm keeping same by reminding myself that whilst he is only 'picking' at food he genuinely seems happy in him self. Lots of hopping about, trying to wash through all of those matts and showing real interest in everything that is thrown at him.

I have to wonder. If some random person had taken him, just wanting a free rabbit, I genuinely don't think they'd have realised there was a problem. His outward appearance is that of a feisty and very happy bunny :-/ xxx

Mm, that makes sense. Goodness knows what would've happened to him if someone else had got him, or if no one had got him at all. He's so lucky to have been spotted by you.

Sending loads of vibes for Dexter tomorrow. xx

I'll be thinking of you both and looking for his updates.

He's definitely landed on his paws with you. :love:

Super exciting news!!!!

Dexter has poo'd for the first time since last night....... 8 little poops, and they are bigger and softer than last night. I have NEVER in my life been so genuinely excited over excrement :-/

Dexter has poo'd for the first time since last night....... 8 little poops, and they are bigger and softer than last night. I have NEVER in my life been so genuinely excited over excrement :-/

Know that feeling well hun:lol: happy he's pooped! Keep it up Dexter :thumb:

Back