• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Tricolour female, 3yrs old (Nottinghamshire)

xfallenxskyx

Warren Scout
25g9bo0.jpg

Lovely calm Tricolour female looking for her forever home.

She is roughly 3 years old and is un-spayed.

She has been in rescue 2+ years now so would really benefit from finding a new loving home.

Currently located in Nottinghamshire.
If you can offer her a home please email the rescue kirkbypetwelfare@outlook.com

Website: http://www.kirkbypetwelfare.org/highlight.php?id=131

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound rude but are any of the females spayed in your rescue :):love:

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound rude but are any of the females spayed in your rescue :):love:

I think I remember reading the rescue owner lost a couple under GA for spay years ago & opted not to spay in future - which can partly understand. I've lost two shortly after neuter & it's made me very nervous. I've often wondered if she is happy them going to a home where they will spay

I saw this bunny on the Kirkby website a while ago when I was looking for a companion for Binky (unlikely to happen now, sadly) - I just can't believe she's been in rescue so long, she's so beautiful. Everyone says plain bunnies get overlooked but she's far from plain and still - 2 years and counting, that's just so sad. :cry:

I think I remember reading the rescue owner lost a couple under GA for spay years ago & opted not to spay in future - which can partly understand. I've lost two shortly after neuter & it's made me very nervous. I've often wondered if she is happy them going to a home where they will spay

Yep she is ok with people adopting and then having them spayed. I adopted a French Lop from her a while ago and I told her I was going to have her done and that was fine :)

Last edited:
Surely leaving them unspayed is much more of a risk than having them spayed. :?

She is really is beautiful. :)

She's a stunner but it is a shame the rescue doesn't spay. I understand the hesitance if the rescue has lost some, but were PMs done to find out why the girls were lost? There's usually an underlying cause. Rabbit Residence spays all their girls, three this week alone, and it's very rare to lose any due to the op.

She's a stunner but it is a shame the rescue doesn't spay. I understand the hesitance if the rescue has lost some, but were PMs done to find out why the girls were lost? There's usually an underlying cause. Rabbit Residence spays all their girls, three this week alone, and it's very rare to lose any due to the op.

Hopefully they can be found new homes and the new owners can have it done :)

Last edited:
Lack of spay puts me off when I look for bunnies tbh. I can see how bad experiences can put you off but its best for bunny

She is a cutie though!:love:

Lack of spay puts me off when I look for bunnies tbh. I can see how bad experiences can put you off but its best for bunny

She is a cutie though!:love:

Got to say, I wouldn't rescue an unspayed female.

This one is stunning though cannot believe she's in a rescue still!

I found when working for a rescue that nobody was interested in rehoming buns that were not spayed or neutered. I certainly would never take on an entire bun, mainly because I would want to bond right away and not have to pay out for a neuter and have to wait for weeks before being able to bond.

I would definitely try to convince the rescue owner to neuter all the buns. It seems rather selfish not to do it but if she still refuses then perhaps suggest that she pays for the neutering when they are rehomed. I know that generally responsible bunny owners would not adopt an entire bun unless they intended to neuter so I would worry about where these bunnies are going.

I would definitely try to convince the rescue owner to neuter all the buns. It seems rather selfish not to do it but if she still refuses then perhaps suggest that she pays for the neutering when they are rehomed. I know that generally responsible bunny owners would not adopt an entire bun unless they intended to neuter so I would worry about where these bunnies are going.

From what I read a few years ago (if it was true) Celia had actually made a decision that the risks of being unneutered was less than the risk of the spay. I think all attempts to convince otherwise were tried, I think it's a no-go and just accepted as the way it is. We may not agree with it but just have to respect the decision.

I have adopted an unneutered doe from Kirkby and though I don't anticipate adopting again for some time to come, I would happily adopt from Kirkby again and have the doe spayed myself. Bizarre as it is, I'm one of the people who would prefer to have my own vet do the spays.

From what I read a few years ago (if it was true) Celia had actually made a decision that the risks of being unneutered was less than the risk of the spay. I think all attempts to convince otherwise were tried, I think it's a no-go and just accepted as the way it is. We may not agree with it but just have to respect the decision.

I have adopted an unneutered doe from Kirkby and though I don't anticipate adopting again for some time to come, I would happily adopt from Kirkby again and have the doe spayed myself. Bizarre as it is, I'm one of the people who would prefer to have my own vet do the spays.

hehe I'm just a scaredy cat. It's nothing to do with bonding or anything. It's just, above a certain age, I'd be too scared of losing the bun myself and the grief it would cause so would only take the bun on when that risk was no longer there. That's selfish I know, but I couldn't do it. I had to take a day off school when my goldfish died. :oops: Thank goodness Ludo is a boy! :lol:

I was just giving my own experience. Perhaps if she saw the responses from this thread it might change her mind but I understand that some people would not take the risk. It is sad, as this is probably the main reason that the bun has not found a new home. Hopefully somebody like you will come along and ive her a good home.

I was just giving my own experience. Perhaps if she saw the responses from this thread it might change her mind but I understand that some people would not take the risk. It is sad, as this is probably the main reason that the bun has not found a new home. Hopefully somebody like you will come along and ive her a good home.

:thumb: Yeah, I know, I totally agree. I do also think it will help them to be rehomed faster. Most people looking for a single bunny will want them for an existing single bunny so time is a factor. That bunny is like my Rudy and Erin rolled into one. From that picture I'm just convinced she's a treasure. I wish I was in a position to take her on *sigh*

Bunny Buddy is right, we have to respect Celia's decision and the only way forward is to accept that Kirkby girls will not be spayed.

I have been working with Celia for over three years now. I go to Kirkby every week on my day off, but even though I now know her well, I know I could not change her mind.

Celia does not have internet access, so will not see any of these replies, although she is well aware of what opinions on RU are and this will not change her mind about her decision with regard to spaying.

I have listed female rabbits in RIN on a number of occasions and each time I am met with exactly the same response as Laura with regard to the issue of spaying. Yes, it is only right that it will raise concerns, but it becomes very difficult for volunteers to answer on behalf of another, when it may be that the rescue's views conflict with their own.

Not a view shared by all I know (and so does Celia!), but I have great respect for Celia and although we do not always agree, I will always support her. She is a lady in her 70s who has dedicated her entire life, literally at the expense of everything else, to rescuing animals.

I know there are people out there who will offer homes to unspayed females who will then do right by them, it is just a matter of finding them.

This bunny is an absolute beauty and I am sure the right person to offer her a home is out there somewhere. :D

Tracy

I had no idea Celia was so old, she does an amazing job all things considered. I couldn't look after the number of animals she does, and will probably be sat on the sofa with a single cat to care for when I'm in my 70s!

I love this bunny, reminds me so much of my bridge boy Humphrey. If only she was older x

I found when working for a rescue that nobody was interested in rehoming buns that were not spayed or neutered. I certainly would never take on an entire bun, mainly because I would want to bond right away and not have to pay out for a neuter and have to wait for weeks before being able to bond.

If male was neutered, I would happily bond a couple of weeks after spay.
You could spay a girl as soon as she lands & is settled & a lot of rescues will only rehome if you have an alternative way of keeping bun in case bond doesn't work anyway.

I personally prefer females being spayed just so they can't be bred from, but I don't necessarily think, to a responsible owner, an unspayed bun is a big deal.:D

This bun is a stunner:love: Good job I came on this thread - needed to book Holly in for her 3 day check & you guys reminded me:oops:

Back