• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Mr Bennett is so much better this morning. Not one sneeze.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
It wasn't urgent and Mr Bennett is fine in himself but for a long time he has had the odd sneeze. Nothing worrying as nose and eyes have been dry. However, last night he had a wet nose for the first time and was sneezing so much today I thought it best to get him checked.

Cannot believe he has put on 100 grams in two weeks. :shock: Perhaps he is making up for lost time before as he needed a dental.

His nose and chest are clear but on baytril for a week as a precaution. Looks like a possible allergy. I know the chinchilla sand baths used to set him off badly, so I moved that a year ago.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for him that it's just a simple thing and the baytril will put him back to normal :thumb:

Did you name him Mr Bennett btw? Interesting name.. what's the back story?

Hope the symptoms stop after the medication course :wave:

Lucky was prescribed Baytril for two weeks for his ulcer and tomorrow's going to be the last dose for him. I thought it would stop his sneezing too however I heard sneeze a few times yesterday :(

Fingers crossed for him that it's just a simple thing and the baytril will put him back to normal :thumb:

Did you name him Mr Bennett btw? Interesting name.. what's the back story?

Mr Bennett comes from ARC rescue in Twickenham. He was about 18 months old in September 2011. He was one of three brothers that someone owned and they were single boys. The owner gave them up saying they would have a better life with a companion each but could not afford to do this, so I gather they were well looked after.

ARC named him Bennett, I added the Mr. Mr Bennett had had a lot of interest before me and two other people wanted to rehome him but the bonds with their bunnies didn't work. Unfortunately after 7 months the bond with Cutie-pie broke as well. Mr Bennett never really got on with her and she did use to hide from him sometimes. They had to be seperated and Cutie-pie got a new companion Bandit, from Barc in Barnsley. They are a very good bond. I knew she wanted a new friend as she was bonded to my bridge bun Sunshine. The two bunnies in my signature and they were very close.

Mr Bennett is a peoples bun. He isn't nervous and quite an emotional bun. He freaks out at the sight of another bunny.

Hope the symptoms stop after the medication course :wave:

Lucky was prescribed Baytril for two weeks for his ulcer and tomorrow's going to be the last dose for him. I thought it would stop his sneezing too however I heard sneeze a few times yesterday :(

Hope you get Lucky's sneezing sorted too and hope the ulcer has healed.

Awe...........poor Mr Bennett. I hope the baytril helps.
Julie never has a wet nose but sneezes from time to time. She has since the day I got her as a baby. She has had tons of test done but nothing wrong was ever found. The vet said must be allergies.
She sneezes when she eats hay well actually not much anymore since her hay is steamed but she also sneezes a lot when she grooms herself if she is shedding. The OH says she is allergic to rabbits. ha ha
Oh..........don't know if I have said before or not but I love Mr Bennett's name.

Awe...........poor Mr Bennett. I hope the baytril helps.
Julie never has a wet nose but sneezes from time to time. She has since the day I got her as a baby. She has had tons of test done but nothing wrong was ever found. The vet said must be allergies.
She sneezes when she eats hay well actually not much anymore since her hay is steamed but she also sneezes a lot when she grooms herself if she is shedding. The OH says she is allergic to rabbits. ha ha
Oh..........don't know if I have said before or not but I love Mr Bennett's name.

Thanks. :love: I suspect its allergies too.

Dare I ask what is Mr Bennett's opinion of baytril ... ?

Mr Bennett had an injection at the vets so won't have his first taste until tomorrow evening. He won't be happy. ;)

I can't even describe it, its like whooping cough fits and Mr Bennett is very stressed. I have been cuddling him and he will be fine for about 10/15 minutes then the sneezing/coughing fit starts again.

When I think he is alright he starts again. Very worried.

I can't even describe it, its like whooping cough fits and Mr Bennett is very stressed. I have been cuddling him and he will be fine for about 10/15 minutes then the sneezing/coughing fit starts again.

When I think he is alright he starts again. Very worried.

I hope he's okay. I've seen what you describe in Tinks and it was very distressing to see her. She was putting her paws up to her face when she was sneezing and as if she was trying to make it stop. My heart broke for her. This was about 4 years ago, she was on baytril for 1 month and *touch wood* has never had the symptoms again.

I hope he's okay. I've seen what you describe in Tinks and it was very distressing to see her. She was putting her paws up to her face when she was sneezing and as if she was trying to make it stop. My heart broke for her. This was about 4 years ago, she was on baytril for 1 month and *touch wood* has never had the symptoms again.

Waiting for a cab now. Mr Bennett is eating etc but whatever it is, makes him shakes his head as if trying to get something out. I don't really want him eating if he keeps getting this sneezing fit, as I am worried he will choke. I have broken his food into tiny piece.

Oh no, he has started again. I better go.

Back