• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Inca has broken her toe in her front Paw - Update P34

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Came home and picked up Inca, she kinda flinched a bit. Put her back down and she ate up her veg. Then picking her up again I notice that her front paw seemed swollen, so I have a feel about and one of her toes is bending right back. :( On further investigation I feel a scab.....pick it off and loads of pus comes out :(

So I have got out as much pus as I can, then dipped her foot in dilute iodine and cleaned her up. She seems ok in herself and she is only flinching when I touch her foot.

She is already on daily Metacam and Ceporex antibiotics for other issues.

I phoned the out of hours vet and he said that all he would have suggested is what I have done and said she should be fine to wait until tomorrow for an appointment.

My wee lassie. She can hardly use her back legs and now this :( I think she must have caught it as she often gets about dragging one of her back legs, so puts a lot of weight on the front.

I am devastated :(

Last edited:
Oh poor girl :cry:

I hope the abscess is not too wide spread

Can you put some Manuka Honey in it tonight ?

I am gonna try in a bit, her foot is so furry i dunno if i can get to it, will cut off her fur if i can.
I have the UMF 25+ stuff so hope I can find access to the wound.

I am gonna try in a bit, her foot is so furry i dunno if i can get to it, will cut off her fur if i can.
I have the UMF 25+ stuff so hope I can find access to the wound.

I am packing Morse's abscess with it atm and he does his best to contort himself to lick most of it out. He then asks for more !!

What an awful shame, poor wee Inca.:cry::cry: I hope the abcess heals easily and the vet can heal her foot. Lots of get well vibes for her. xx

So I have just put Manuka honey on her foot, all over it as I canny see the wound!

And now she is trying to lick it off while I hold her on my knee!

Lily has a similar injury, but she is booked in Friday for amputation.

I hope Inca's break isn't too bad:(

Elf's broken toe healed on its own (vet checked it regularly) so I'm sure every case is different and they'd factor in everything when making that decision. Sending vibes....

Thanks for the vibes.

I have cut her fur on her paw and found a huge abscess hole so I have managed to give it a good clean with iodine and I got Manuka honey right in the hole so really thats the best I can do just now. Will do the same in the morning and get the Vets to give it a good clean out.

She is walking on it and she is eating so her Metacam is probably numbing any pain.

Aw, poor Inca and poor you (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs for both of you)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
This manuka honey sounds like a Godsend. I have to find a way to have some here just in case I should need, it seems like it will cure just about anything!

I clipped Pip's back toenail down past the quick on accident about six months back or more and it bled like stink and looked like she'd caught it on something and had the whole nail bed ripped out. I waited and waited for it to grow back and it's only now come in, all twisty. :(
I felt terrible because she hobbled around on it and it obviously pained her a bit and I worried about the toe joint perhaps being affected. She's a bit podgy so she doesn't need foot troubles. :(

I hope Inca's toe will heal soon. xx

Back