• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Metacam dosage

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Hi
can I just check that this sounds ok.
Been to a new vet (moved house) and took Salt as he was weeing on his back left leg. Vet confirmed what I thought, that he probably has a bit of rheumatism and can't 'squat' particularly well.
This vet appears to be fairly cautious and has given me cat metacam for him, and has said the dosage to be 0.6ml a day for Salt who weighs 1.1 kg. I was given the dog one by my previous vet so have nothing to compare with.
Does this sound about right?

Sorry it's been so long since I last needed Metacam, I can't comment on the dosage. Hopefully someone with more recent experience will be along to help asap.

Get well soon vibes for Salt.:love::thumb:

The vet has today prescribed cat metacan for my bunny who weighs 2.2 and he's said 0.8ml once a day and I feel this is too low according to what people say on my post that I have going at moment. I want the dog one.

Back