• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick question....

Autumn

Warren Scout
Dexter has been gifted a hutch run setup. The hutch is solid and well made by the previous owners grandfather. It is 3.5ft by just under 2ft and the run that is attached brings the total accommodation up to 3.5ft by 6ft. This will be fine for him for now won't it? X

I'd say that that is very kind and the poor love will likely think he's in heaven but IMO that hutch is a bit too small to be used for any length of time.

I would certainly use it for now but please look into getting something bigger, or extending it somehow.

He'll no doubt think its a mansion though!

It won't be used long term. The other buns have a whole shed/aviary! Over the next month or so ill be on the lookout for a playhouse or something that the run can be attached to xxx

Might not be ideal, but as a temp measure it sounds a lot better than what he was in before! :) Hutch will make a nice bed/shelter once he upgrades :) at which point he will be on cloud nine:lol:

He landed on his feet with you:love:

Sounds okay as a very temporary measure, but you'll wanna give him somewhere else to hide too to get away from the wind/rain. I'd definitely recommend tarp on several sides, or clear sheeting stapled on to the top and two sides to help keep it a bit more rain-proof.

Sounds okay as a very temporary measure, but you'll wanna give him somewhere else to hide too to get away from the wind/rain. I'd definitely recommend tarp on several sides, or clear sheeting stapled on to the top and two sides to help keep it a bit more rain-proof.

I think I may set it up under the play house for him. The kids playhouse is on legs and we've boxed in two of the sides as an extra 'fort'.....

I think I may set it up under the play house for him. The kids playhouse is on legs and we've boxed in two of the sides as an extra 'fort'.....

That sounds great then! Lots of protection from the wind/rain :)

Back