• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Older, neutered male needed

hartleyhare

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so apologies if its not.

Krystle lost her soulmate of 5 years 2 days ago :( She is unbelievably sad and cries all day :cry::cry:. Yesterday I put her out in garden to get some sunshine, but she just sat in the corner in the shade the whole time she was out there. Its so heartbreakiong to see her so miserable and not be able to do anything much about it.

Anyways, I am tentatively starting to think about finding her another husbun. She needs time to grieve and accept what has happened, but I am looking now to see whats available around our way. She is a house rabbit, aged about 7 and is spayed and fully vaccinated. I am looking for an older bun if possible. I have been given the potential offer of some older buns from someone who lives local, but I am not sure about the validity of castrating an older rabbit because of the anaesthetic risk. So, I thought I would post here. I've already had a look in the re-homing section and I think the nearest rescue is Ellesmere Port area, which is about an hour and half to two hours away ( I think ).

Hi,

Fairly sure there is a rescue ruthin way.
I find that there seem to be lots of single boys so you should be able to find a match. As far as I'm aware wallasey is the closest to me, in ellesmere port.
Take a look here and have a look at who is about. Many rescues can arrange bunny runs for you if travel is an issue
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search_form.asp

The one near Ruthin is called happy days animal rescue, but I think they only rescue dogs and cats, would be worth phoning to check though, and Bryn y maen RSPCA in Colwyn Bay have lots of rabbits looking for homes :)

I've spent past 2 days looking at rescue buns. There are so many beautiful bunnies and I only have rom for 1 bun. Its just impossible to choose. And, how very sad that there are so many in need :cry:

Back