• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I rescued a neglected bunny today aswell!! PICS ADDED

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
I don't want to take the shine off the wonderful 'Dexter' story - but I rescued a bunny today too! Advertised at work - free to a good home - rabbit and hutch. Family with 4 young kids, no time for the rabbit etc etc. They lived walking distance from mine - Lily is a sweet little lionhead - her nails at the back were long and curled - her dew claw had been ripped out and she had a bloody paw. There was no hay in her hutch only grass cuttings as well as soil/mud :shock::shock: a rancid bowl of muesli and 2 massive carrots. The hutch was awful, it was buried in the lawn and cleaning it took hours. She is now groomed, nails trimmed and in a massive indoor cage full of hay. She has been drinking from a bowl and eating lots of hay - she has binkyed in the garden and done so many DBFs in her cage. She's lovely! Not as traumatic a case as beautiful Dexter but another bunny today, safe, warm and loved x

Last edited:
:love:.... awwww thats lovely, another happy tale!!!

Go on , we need pics!!! Happy forever home little girly!!!

Every rescue is a fab story in itself!! Good on ya...

Fee xxxxxxx

But together we are saving te world one bunny at a time! Well done for rescuing her. We need pics!!!

Well done, cant wait to see some piccies of her :love: Good to know there are some good ppl in the world. :thumb:

I knew you'd want pics and I'm rubbish at photo whatsit!! I'll have a go though x

031-1_zpsa8979f0d.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to meet her. She sounds cute. Nice job rescuing her. I'm wondering how many bought rabbits actually get the care and attention they need

Got up early to give Lily plenty of playtime outside before the others get up! She is very inquisitive and loves noseying round the garden - she is also doing lots of twisted binkies up in the air - so lovely to watch as she is a loving and friendly little girl.:love::love:

Back