• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring greens

Fran

Warren Veteran
Is everyone else having problems getting hold of any? I can't get any anywhere at the moment. Waitrose stopped stocking them just after I moved here and I asked in my local sainsburys and he told me they won't be getting any more in for the rest of the season!

Yep - wrong time of year, I often have this problem about now! I'm using pointed cabbage at the moment which is the closest I can find; hopefully it won't be too long before they start to reappear.

tescos have loads im having problems getting the cabbage medlay not had any in last 3 times been :shock:

I've not had a problem getting them although the quality is much poorer, I get them from Asda or Sainsburys (but like Jane, paid £1.20).

I've been giving cabbage or spincach instead but I know they're not as good.

Asda Tilbury and Basildon are still stocking spring greens at the moment if you are anywhere near there.

Last edited:
I've not had any trouble getting them from Morrisons, but the plants do seem a lot smaller than usual :(

Oh thanks, I'm not too far from
Basildon. I'm using sweetheart cabbage at the moment and mixing it with what's left of my spring greens so it doesn't upset their tummies, couldn't get pointed cabbage either. Hopefully it won't be long till we can get some!

I can get them in tesco but the price has gone up and the quality is awful, all rusty round the tops

Back