• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a lovely yet sad dream last night...

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
I was standing on a hill overlooking a meadow that appeared to be just endless, and there were rabbits everywhere. Some looked familiar and I wonder if they might've been other RU bunnies that have gone to the Bridge (there was one that looked a lot like Jane's Sir Victor) and there in the middle of this massive colony of rabbits, all of different colours and sizes, I spotted my boy. He saw me looking at him and turned around. Just sat there looking at me for ages. Then he did a little binky as if to say "Look mummy, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I was crying at this point because I just wanted to run over to him, pick him up again and never let go. But I knew that I couldn't. I knew that I had to "go back" and leave him there.

I woke up to the sound of my own loud sobs :(

This was the first time I've dreamed of Boris since he died. I did have a dream of him binkying around the room on the very night he passed (and strangely enough I saw him come running out of the carrier, which was where he fell asleep). I do wonder if this is his way of telling me he's ok...but even if it isn't, I think that's what I'm going to choose to believe. It's a very comforting thought.

What a beautiful dream.Im sure somehow he knows you are thinking about him.Although you cant be with him now,he will be warm and happy at the bridge.

I'm pretty sure they do come back to us to check we are ok and to tell us that they are ok too. A few years ago I had a similar dream about some of my buns (had recently lost a rabbit and was so distressed).. it looked like a field from the country park down the road and there were hay bales stacked all over the place and there were bunnies sitting on them and in the grass... even in my dream I was shocked to recognise a lot of the rabbits there (even my childhood rabbit Misty was there). They all looked so happy and one bun who had arthritis and was stiff was hopping madly around. I woke up feeling so much better, but sad that I couldn't stay with them because it looked lovely. I don't know who the bunnies were that I didn't recognise, maybe they were long lost friends of my bunnies who came to meet them at the bridge :love:

What a bond you have with your bunny! I have no doubt he is spiritually connected to you and came to sag hey, I'm ok. It could also be him trying to comfort you, if you are stressed, worried sad he might come to see you in dreams like this.
Sounds very similar to my connection with my grandma who I have been connected to likd this in life and death.

:cry: < sad AND happy tears, these.
Emotional day for me. March is not a good month usually, but so many stirring and sad stories on RU today...I'm blubbing uncontrollably.
That is a beautiful dream. :)

My bridge dog, Shadow, passed three years ago on the 16th. I have had several dreams of him since, many that convince me that he will meet me at those gates when it is my time. I've seen him coming towards me casting rainbows off his long fur (which was shaved and never grew back properly a year before he died) and looking young and strong again, and the hand of my Lord on his leonine head.
People might think it's just my subconscious trying to come to grips, but I am the kind of person that, while I do grieve, I want to forget as quickly as possible because otherwise I cannot function. To see him again only reminds me how much I desperately miss him and how I despise the physical distance between us.

I am a believer, but I also feel that even though there's nothing specifically mentioned regarding animals having souls, it could not be Heaven without them being included. If God put the animals in the ark, He also has taken them to the Eternal City.

I have no doubt that Boris is communicating with you and is watching you today. :) All we need to do is be open to the connection to see it. :love:
Bless xx

He's telling you he's safe and ok.
That's such a lovely dream. *hugs*

When my papa died when I was 8 i was walking down the road thinking of him to my mums friends house.
I seen a pink carnation his favourite flower on the ground in the middle of the road.
I walked by it thinkin it was a bit odd.
We were at my mums friends house for a good wee while, id say at least an hour if not more.
On the way back we passed by and again i seen the flower lying there, it hadn't been run over and no one had moved it.
I walked by and then turned round (don't know why)
I picked it up, and i later put it in my papas button hole while he was in his coffin.
I love him so much, and i know this was his way of telling me everything was ok.
I used to hear snowflake my bridge guinea pig wheeking late at night for years after she passed over.
xxxxx

Back