• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet the bun I rescued today.... Poor little man...

Autumn

Warren Scout
Meet Rolo, now named Dexter.

Having had a sleepless night after seeing the advert I called at 8am and arranged to collect him. He is in a terrible state. He STANK of urine. His ears were caked in dried urine and droppings and the matts in his fur are unbelievable. His face is so matted he almost looks deformed. He is not too underweight so has obviously be fed but kept in squalid conditions.

He has had a bath and let me cut away some of the matts. Book in at vets in the morning to tackle the rest of it. I have reported the owners to the RSPCA.

image-9.jpg

The photos really don't convey the state he is in. And he's such a loving friendly little man.

We deffo need some pics of him nice and dry as he looks like he is gonna be one stunning little chap!

Glad you got him :)

Poor boy :cry:

I suspect he has dental problems and that the matted fur on his face is a result of constant drooling

It would be a very good idea to get him to a Vet ASAP

Unfortunately the RSPCA wont be able to do anything now as by taking the Rabbit you have removed the 'evidence'

I can understand why you did though.

Good grief, that advert would have played on my mind too. Hope he is ok and enjoys his new lease of life with you. One very lucky bunny to get out of there!

He's booked in first thing tomorrow Jane. His fur is matted all over his body but I suspect you're right about his teeth.

He was living with another entire male who they still have, although they refused to let us see it or the accommodation xx

He's booked in first thing tomorrow Jane. His fur is matted all over his body but I suspect you're right about his teeth.

He was living with another entire male who they still have, although they refused to let us see it or the accommodation xx

Have you checked that 'he' is definitely a he ?

Also, do keep him well quarantined away from your other Bunnies

I hope he gets on OK at the Vets xx

Gosh - poor little chap :cry:

So glad you saw the advert and brought him home to look after properly...shame, feels so sorry for him :(

Well done for rescuing this poor little lad. What a dreadful state he was in :cry:

I do hope the RSPCA act and pay this 'person' a visit, I imagine the other poor bunny is living in equally appalling conditions. :cry:

I will keep everything crossed that his vet visit doesn't reveal anything too serious. Sending loads of good luck vibes. xxx

Back