• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holidays

jemxx

Young Bun
Just a bit worried about when I go on holiday this year, what do you normally do when you go away with your buns? My friend has offered to take care of her but I wouldn't be able to take her housing, I have a hutch from when she was a baby but she would be way to big for it now, just wondering what you all do about housing???

I have a friend visit to check, feed, water and clean mine. It means they remain in their own environment which is most convenient all-round.

I book them into bunny boarding when I go away. This site is quite useful for finding boarding places: http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/. You should check out the boarding place first to make sure it all looks ok and the person knows about bunnies.

There are also some bunny boarders who are members on here, so you could also post a thread asking for recommendations for boarding in your area.

Last time I went away I asked my mum, dad and brother to look after the rabbits, chickens and mice between them (mum lives nearby and dad and brother work nearby).

Next time I think I'll be asking a friend if she minds staying at my place as I'll probably be going away for a week.

I bag up all food and hay in to portions and get spare litter trays all sorted so they don't need to worry about cleaning as such, they can just switch the trays over.

Back