• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know if your rabbit is plotting something?

Automaton539

Warren Scout
Queston, as title suggests, because my two were suspiciously good while I was at work with hardly any poop around, not checked for wee yet, their wee is almost same colour as my carpet and hard to track down sometimes, though there was one great big one behind the sofa, didn't think rabbits did 'normal' poop, but hey, they did. But yea, nothing was amiss, hardly any poop... They must be plotting, right? Giving me a false sense of security until I let my guard down and then *bam* hit me with a big one? Haha... They're not, right?

when you say normal poop do you mean it was long and looked like something that would come out of a human?
If so that was a malformed ceacal, I'd be keeping a very close eye on the buns.

It can indicate stasis, just to let you know xx

Cut down on pellets if you're seeing those dark sticky poops, it means they're getting full and not eating them like they should for the nutrients. Make sure they always have good quality hay.

I don't use pellets, I give them a mixed rabbit food, got all sorts in. They seem to have been fine, their behaviour hasn't changed they still seem just as hungry as always and they have plenty of hay.

I was right though, they forced their way past the metal grill I had stopping them getting to the wires and feasted last night.

Little monkeys.

You might want to consider switching to a pellet food though - something like Excel. It is a lot better for rabbits and stops 'selective' eating. (Imagine giving a kid a bowl of peas and m&m's - they aint gonna eat the peas!)

Swap it over gradually though, slowly mixing the feeds together, over about 10 days as a sudden change in food can upset their stomachs. They only need about, less that, a handful a day the rest of their diet hay hay hay :)

Shame about the wires though!

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry - shouldn't laugh - but what naughty bunnies...they have probably been chuckling away to themselves all day about that and plotting their next excursion.:thumb:

No worries about selective eating, they nom everything that's in there. Though they don't like those long brown things too much. So, the amount of mixed feed I've been giving then was probably too much then? A slow cut down is probably in order, don't want fat bunnies.

No worries about selective eating, they nom everything that's in there. Though they don't like those long brown things too much. So, the amount of mixed feed I've been giving then was probably too much then? A slow cut down is probably in order, don't want fat bunnies.

Is it Rabbit Royale you feed?
I did used to feed pellets but had to move them onto RR I've not found any problems but I have heard and read that it can cause excess ceacels so it may be that it is perhaps the RR that's causing it.

I usually feed a handful a bunny.
I have quite average sized hands, and It's a handful on the smaller size, I'll see if I can weigh out what I would give and you can see if that works for you :)

Is it Rabbit Royale you feed?
I did used to feed pellets but had to move them onto RR I've not found any problems but I have heard and read that it can cause excess ceacels so it may be that it is perhaps the RR that's causing it.

I usually feed a handful a bunny.
I have quite average sized hands, and It's a handful on the smaller size, I'll see if I can weigh out what I would give and you can see if that works for you :)

Handful per day, per bunny? Yea, mine are mini rex/lionhead cross, do on the smaller side

Back