• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really tough day :(

megansmummy

Mama Doe
Hello all...I havnt been on the forums for a while as just had lots going on but I felt th need for some support from people that would understand...

This morning was the 5th anniversary since my dad died and feeling a little 'somber' I decided to take my cup of tea into the garden and have a little chat with the bunnies as it always makes me feel better..

I walked down to the bottom shed expecting to see four happy little faces and instead was only met with three :( I knew instantly something was wrong so I dashed into the avairy and into the shed to find my little lovely Poppy peacefuly sleeping in a big pile of hay :cry: She was absolutly fine last night when I went out to give them their supper before I went to bed :( I have no idea what happened to her and I wish I did :( I called the vets and they said to take her down when I was ready...so i left her in there with Daisy, lucky and hope for a couple of hours and then took her down to them...they are going to do a postmortem.

To add to that we are having a hard time with Willow as she is loosing weigt and we cant work out why :( she has had bloods that show up normal, had panacur to treat for EC incase it was that although nothing pointed to that. At the moment she is weighing 1.5kg which is (for a french lop) obviously incredibly small :cry: she eats well, teeth have been checked, no loose poo or anything...the vets are a bit stumped :( Molly is 2.5kg so also small for a growing french lop but its possible they are crossed with something smaller but im worried sick :cry:

Feeling like an awful failure at the moment :( However all piggies and puppies healthy and happy xxx

what horrible news on an already sad day.. binky Free Poppy!

Hope Willow picks up too..

lots of hugs
Fee x

Aw, I've missed you on the forum.

I'm so sorry about Poppy, what an awful shock! Atleast it looks like she passed away peacefully in the place she loved best with her bunny friends.

Binky Free Beautiful x

I am so sorry about Poppy. :cry::cry: Its always a terrible shock but at least it was peaceful, at home and with her bunny friends. I know that is no consulation to you. Hugs xxx

I wondered where you had gone, have missed you!

What sad news :( thinking of you x

Sending vibes for yourself and the buns xxx

Just when I think it cant get any worse now snowflake the hamster is not coming out of her little house :( Iv called her, opened the cgae, filled up her bowl :cry: I will get my husband to take a look when he comes home :(

I'm really sorry :(

With Willow have you had an EC specific blood test done? It's just that for a while the only symptom my Bee bunny had was losing weight - and he weighed less than Willow at one point - and he started falling over too easily but again that could have been because of his weight. It wasn't obvious it was EC and they only thought it was because he wasn't reacting how a bunny should and so they did an EC blood test and that was what told us.

But I'm not an expert just sharing my experience in case it helps

Last edited:
Back