• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm doing an Easter bunny/Rabbit welfare event - Ellesmere Port - 1 week to go !!!!!

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
I'm very excited!!! Over the Easter weekend I am doing an Easter bunny/Rabbit awareness event at the Blue Planet Aquarium, near Cheshire Oaks - Ellesmere Port. I will be doing some fundraising, games and competitions but mainly educating families about the very important subject of Rabbit Welfare!! I am taking 6 of my rescue buns - I will be doing talks and demonstrations on grooming, accommodation, bonding, diet and nutrition, fun and games for buns, health checks etc etc. I am being supported by the RWAF, Supreme Petfoods, Burgess as well as my family and bunny friends. If any RU member would like to come along to help out and/or answer questions - you would be very welcome! I am currently gathering stuff together for a tombola and raffle and would love some rabbit bunting but can't find any :(:(
If anyone has any good ideas they would like to share to help me make it a success please do so on here or PM me. Any tombola items would also be welcomed - also people previously having done a similar event - your hints and tips would be invaluable as it's my first time!!! If it goes well I would like to do more!! Thanking you all in anticipation of your help x

Last edited:
Not sure what are plans are for that weekend yet but will try to free up some time to help. Are you there all four days?

i am going to ask my mum to see if we can come, if not i wish you luck

Which buns are you taking ?:love:

I am taking Blossom (lionlop)(my Burleydam Garden centre Easter bunny 2012 winner) and her husbun Patch (tiny nethie), Sweetpea my blind girle (cashmere lop) with her husbun Timmy (fwuffy lionhead) and Poppy Peaches (helicopter minilop) and her husbun Pippin (black mini lop) - a good variety of buns. Hope to see you there !

Not sure what are plans are for that weekend yet but will try to free up some time to help. Are you there all four days?

They wanted me there for 4 days :shock: but I said I would only do 2 days the Saturday and the Sunday as it would be too much for the buns (and me!!!) :lol::lol::lol: I will be there between 11 and 3ish maybe 4pm

They wanted me there for 4 days :shock: but I said I would only do 2 days the Saturday and the Sunday as it would be too much for the buns (and me!!!) :lol::lol::lol: I will be there between 11 and 3ish maybe 4pm

Ok fab I will put it down and check what we are up to OH was on about going away but Im not that keen

Well done you, hope it goes well. Sorry can't think how I can help but would if I could. I have only recently had a clear out of tombola stuff for Rscpa Walsall, sorry xx

Getting myself prepared for this event now - I am going 'all out' to make it a BIG success - I don't do things by half!! If anyone wants to come and help with the event and give good bunny advice if asked, it will be FREE entry and parking for those helping me then I can 'release' you to go and look round the aquarium for free ;);)- if you wanted to just visit and pay - please do get a 20% voucher from website 'smartsave' as the entry prices are, in my opinion, expensive! There will be rabbit welfare talks and demos by me, chance to meet 6 of my rescue buns, colouring competition for 2 age groups with the chance to win a free family pass to return, story time, tombola, raffle, lucky dip etc - rabbit food samples and welfare literature as well as Q&A session !
One week to go!! :shock::shock::shock: No pressure here then ;);)

Back