• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where does you rabbit like to be stroked best?

amie944

Young Bun
I want to find a good spot for buddy! He doesn't seem to like his head area but doesn't mind his back. Was wondering what others rabbits like best I could maybe try?

Cheekbones are number one for Bella and Buttons. The latter would sit forever having his cheekbones stroked.

Most of our boarding rabbits love having their cheeks stroked. That's the favourite! But cheeks are closely followed by nose and base of the ears.

Emerson - anywhere, love having his cheeks and ears fussed, but also enjoys back rubs.

Peabody - no where, I'm lucky if she is brave enough to sniff my feet! :lol:

matts favourite is his nose. sometimes i use my nose to rub his nose and at the same time i use my hands to stroke his ears! he's pampered! :lol:

bisc likes his body being stroked when he is lay down. :love:

George and Hershel are both really friendly and cuddly rabbits who just love to be stroked all over. We generally start at their heads and down their backs to their tail. Although they especially love their cheeks to be stroked. :love:

Bella - upside down with a nice tummy rub :love:

Seth - ears

Charlie - nose rubs
Sorry if I've got this wrong, but you might accidentally be trancing your rabbit. When you turn them upside down they stay very still and can appear quite relaxed, but it's actually very stressful for them. Have a quick google and check that's not what you're doing. :wave:

rambo - the occassional head rub but in general doesn't tolerate touching.
lola - head, cheeks, back, ears - she's easy!
Eli - Doesn't mine back or ears stroked but gets very irritated if you touch his head.

Cloggs was a little nose rubbing freak :lol: couldn't get enough of it, kind of went into a daze!!!

Floss, not so keen on being stroked anywhere - nose and back, gently does it :)

Hannah :)

Sorry if I've got this wrong, but you might accidentally be trancing your rabbit. When you turn them upside down they stay very still and can appear quite relaxed, but it's actually very stressful for them. Have a quick google and check that's not what you're doing. :wave:

rambo - the occassional head rub but in general doesn't tolerate touching.
lola - head, cheeks, back, ears - she's easy!
Eli - Doesn't mine back or ears stroked but gets very irritated if you touch his head.

I know what you mean but its not when im holding her - Sorry I didn't explain it very well, she 'flops' onto her side/back against hutch wall with her tummy on show (that almost dead looking flop that they do :shock: ) :lol:

My doe Milly only likes the top of her head stroked but Harry loves a full body massage!When I stroke just under his neck hes in rabbit heaven:love:

I know what you mean but its not when im holding her - Sorry I didn't explain it very well, she 'flops' onto her side/back against hutch wall with her tummy on show (that almost dead looking flop that they do :shock: ) :lol:

Awww that's so cute :love:

I thought you meant trancing too at first and was a bit like erm... But I can t get near a bunny in dead bunny flop mode so you must be a very very trusted bunny mummy :love:

Mine are all nose rub freaks, Loki in particular will sit for quite literally hours for nose rubs, normally just out of comfortable arm reach :roll:

Julie loves her cheeks,nose and ears especially the sides of her ears stroked. She licks me when I stopped and will head butt if the licking doesn't get me start up again fast enough.

Amber likes to be stroked from the tip of her nose right to her tail...she will lie down with her head on the floor & if we stroke her like that she will pop her leg to the side :D she loves it all the more if you lie down & kiss her nose while stroking her :lol:

It makes me laugh how they tell you what they want. Bumble loves to groom me and loves a stroke from me I can tell when she wants me to put my hand in front of her nose so she can groom me and then when she wants a stroke from me she shoves her nose under my hand. But she only ever grooms me. OH puts his hand in front of her and she knows it's different and all she does is push it to the side then put her nose under his hand for him to stroke her! She still wants him to stroke her!

I get what you mean because my Amber does the same thing :lol: she usually does it if she is in the house & gets on the settee...she rolls on her back (after she has dug the leather to her satisfaction :lol: ) & we tickle her tummy...its her ultimately relaxed mode lol :love:

Where to start!
Nose, cheeks, ears, neck, forehead, back and even his lower back, above his tail.

He pushes his face under my hand, and when he does this it means he wants a decent massage, none of this gentle nonsense! :lol:

But feet are a big no-no! Cutting his nails is a nightmare, no one else can hold him, so dad has to cut whilst I hold :roll:

Back