• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice urgently needed...

Automaton539

Warren Scout
Ok, as some may know, I recently discovered my rabbit proofing want quite rabbit proof... I'm now scared to go to bed while they're out and free in case they suddenly discover they can get through the rest of it and get to a power cable. What can I do?

Hmm..I am not sure about your set up. Do you have a pen or something for them, just overnight until you can finish rabbit proofing? If it is just a temporary measure they shouldn't mind :) (Just make sure they can't leap over the pen!)

Have you give pictures you could post to give the others an idea of your set up.?

I have some in one if my other posts in the behaviour forum, all I got is a small hutch, every time I put them both inside at the same time one of them goes for the other so I can only put one in. Problem is I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm on the late shift so I'm spending a lot of time unable to supervise them over the next week.

Last edited:
Can you turn off the mains to the sockets of the floor of the house they are on? Not sure if you are in a house or flat but most houses have a separate fuse for upstairs sockets vs downstairs. Not a long term solution perhaps but at least you'll sleep!

the wires in my room, i have blocked off wth puppy play pen panels, maybe you could get something like them if not already, chicken wire is flimsy so they will get through it by chewing eventually

Back