• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch size

el1983

Mama Doe
Ok so i have found a little girl rex that im hoping will still be available at the end of April, my main set up that i will be putting her and Woody into eventually, fingers crossed will not be ready by then, so i am looking at buying a cheap second hand hutch to keep her in until i can get them bonded, so she can either go in with Woody in his play house or if it takes longer, bond them in the new play house which will be totally neutral.

Now i've been looking on ebay and pre loved and i am shocked by what ppl actually class as "large rabbit hutch" one of the i wouldnt even keep some mice in it was pathetic!!!! I really wanted to leave a comment on it but i was on hubbys ebay so dont think that would of gone down too well :oops: Im looking to spend within the region of up to £50 as this is a temp hutch and im going to be buying a new wendy house in a few months, but im seeing double hutches of 4ft which would make them 8ft, so would this count as being over the 6 ft min regs or does it have to be a single storey 6 ft hutch, sorry if this sounds dim but i've never even really looked at the hutches as id always just planned on house bunny and play house size :? I will have a run to go onto it as well for outside access.

Im desperate to get Woody his gf, now ive decided to keep Bella inside, its my own fault :oops: i just cant see her outside now, she is just too comfy in here :lol: living the life, little madam :love: but now i have poor Woody outside on his own and i want to get him a gf asap once he has been done and get the bonding process going, having a spare hutch will mean that i can put them right near each other on the patio to get used to each other and i wont have to rush the new Wendy house, we can take our time getting it just right :love:

Its good to have a spare hutch right? If anyone see's any availiable please can you pm me :thumb:

4ft doubles don't count as 8ft because of the amount of room lost from the ramp and lack of hop space. As a temp thing I would say a 5ft double with run access would be much better, or a 6ft single.

How big is the run? Depending on the size I would say a single 4ft hutch could act as a 'bedroom' and then constant access to the run. I know it's 4ft but a single would give more floor space than with a ramp and if you rain/wind proof the area where the hutch is really well then it would be more protected :) don't know if anyone will agree with me but this is what I did with Lola and Donny when they were single :) it was only temp though before they moved into the 6ft hutch and run set up.

Last edited:
Ok thank you, glad i got that sorted out lol, i will prob go for the single storey then. Im planning on getting the run that i want to put on the new wendy house first, i was going to put it on Woody's set up but i can put it on the temp hutch so she will have more room. I hope she is still there end of April eeeeek! I'll have to keep my eye open for possibly a 5ft or 6ft then. The run im after will be 6ft by 8ft, and she will get access to the garden as well. Work on the new house will be starting June time as im getting the wendy house for my bday, but im hoping they bond well and then they can go into Woody's house and have the bigger run until the "Love Shack" is done :thumb: As you can tell im trying not to get my hopes up too much :lol:

If you can find a 5ft or 6ft hutch then that would be awesome :) because if you could perhaps emergency foster or something like that then you would be able to :)

Keep an eye out on freecycle and eBay :thumb:

If you can find a 5ft or 6ft hutch then that would be awesome :) because if you could perhaps emergency foster or something like that then you would be able to :)

Keep an eye out on freecycle and eBay :thumb:

Haha!!!! Dont tell hubby that lol, i was thinking about that the other day hehe.

Back