• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed setups - distance from house

JackieS

Warren Scout
I was just wondering how far away your sheds/playhouse set ups are from your door, and if distance makes any difference? We were planning on a hutch/run combo on the patio directly outside the patio doors but we do have are relatively new looking shed in our garden (here when we bought the house) which would have some potential for a bunny shed with some work to the surrounding area to make space for a run......but it is at the very end of the garden, at the furthest point from the house.....

How far away are your buns?
Does it matter if they're at the end of the garden?

I don't suppose it really matters if you can manage to visit them regularly. I suppose the advantage of having them nearer the house is you can see them from a window, not as far to go for a visit on cold, dark nights etc. but if they have more space at the bottom of the garden, then it's also very good!

If you're organised and have space to store all their stuff in there I don't think it matters. We have to keep some of the stuff in the house, so when I'm cleaning them out I'm forever popping back in for something I've forgotten - ours is exactly 8 m away though, so not a big deal.

I don't suppose it really matters if you can manage to visit them regularly. I suppose the advantage of having them nearer the house is you can see them from a window, not as far to go for a visit on cold, dark nights etc. but if they have more space at the bottom of the garden, then it's also very good!

I'm not great at distances but I think the shed is about 30ft or so away. We're planning on brining them back inside during the winter so dark nights aren't so much of a problem. Not totally sure the shed is useable but seems a shame not to if it is

Back