• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chew toys my rabbit will use

~Chey~

Young Bun
I only have a young rabbit, around 9 weeks old now, I've been trying to encourage him to eat hay, which he does a lot better now however he seems to like playing in it much more :lol:
I have loofa toys and wooden toys, stuffed toilet rolls and cardboard boxes etc, however he seems to only be interested in chewing anything plastic, ie the second level in his cage. I'm not sure if there was anything I could offer him that would encourage him to nibble on that instead? He's chewed a little bit on some of the cardboard box but he seems to just chuck around his other toys :lol::lol::lol:

Have you tried anything heavy or fixed down? I jammed some toys into the wire of my puppy pen and my chewer went for them, she didn't seem to like chewing something that moved. I also tied them to chair legs :wave:

I have a wooden toy kabob with a bell on the bottom put right by the place he normally nibbles. Which isn't much yet, but I don't want to let him get in the habit of doing this, especially as its plastic. He has nibbled the kabob but he must get bored after a while and move onto a different texture.!

Back