• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you are struggling to find good hay

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I recently bought one of these from my local horse feed place. It is purely timothy hay chopped and dust extracted and compressed for packing. The strands are similar in length to readigrass and my buns are going nuts for it at the moment. At £!5 a sack it works out at £1 per kilo which isn't bad at all.

http://halleysfeeds.co.uk/ocart_hal...oute=product/product&path=78_80&product_id=58

I will try and upload a photo of it when I get the camera out.

That's really helpful - thankfully I've found a good hay supplier for now but it's always good to have new things for them to try and so their diet can be a bit more varied :thumb:

Ali... What hay do you use for bedding????

I buy bales from a place in Larbert which tend to be around £6 each. I tend to get a few at a time so can pick some up for you if you'd like and have plenty here just now if you want to bring an old duvet for some!

Thanks Ali!!! Your stuff looks a lot less stalky than the Alexanders Hay that i get...

Recently their stuff has been a bit hit and miss!!!

I bought Timothy and Alfalfa blox (basically hay blocks) from them in February and asked for some samples of this timothy chop and greengold (alfalfa) chop samples. I found that the chops and blox are all quite dusty, make my furballs sneeze quite a lot. They love to eat them though, which is good! I've got a lot blocks left, and they can't have a lot alfalfa any way, so don't know when I'm able to finish :(

I bought the very same ones a month or so ago :)

IMG_0328_zps6b7b6d8c.jpg

Back