• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scarlet's not eating

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
Scarlet is refusing all food this morning :( Off to the emergency vet this morning, is probably her teeth as she is interested in her hay just won't eat. Not seeking advice hence posting in Rabbit Chat, just sympathy and vibes please! She hasn't had a dental since June so has done really well.

Not the day before her teeth check! Oh no :( Why couldn't she wait a day to see Nigel?! Norty teef. Hope it can be easily sorted. Sending lots of vibes for Scarlet xx

Sending loads of vibes. Know how you feel as Pebs did this to me last week..His last dental was May. Now I'm thinking of just booking him in for a GA molar burr in 8 months time even if he hasn't stopped eating as a preventative measure (he has malloclusion as well as spurs).

She had a spur on a tooth on her good side that was rubbing the top of her mouth. The vet (Peter, not seen him before) managed to get her to snap it off herself by chewing on the oteoscope. She's had metacam, metaclop and has eaten a few softened nuggets since getting home. The vet we saw treated her for her teeth/abcess when she was at the RSPCA and she seemed to remeber him. She was far friendlier than she usually is. He was chuffed to see her, said he always wonders what happens to the ones he was heavily involved with.
Looks like we'll be back to FHB this week for a review. She's never had a spur before.

Poor sausage. Glad to hear she is on the mend. :love: Afraid I'm not experienced in bunny teeth, what does a spur mean for her in the future?

Poor sausage. Glad to hear she is on the mend. :love: Afraid I'm not experienced in bunny teeth, what does a spur mean for her in the future?

Her teeth are a mess, adding molar spurs to the equation won't really change much bless her. I suggested there'd be no charge seeing as she did her own dentistry ;) didn't get away with that though.

She had a spur on a tooth on her good side that was rubbing the top of her mouth. The vet (Peter, not seen him before) managed to get her to snap it off herself by chewing on the oteoscope. She's had metacam, metaclop and has eaten a few softened nuggets since getting home. The vet we saw treated her for her teeth/abcess when she was at the RSPCA and she seemed to remeber him. She was far friendlier than she usually is. He was chuffed to see her, said he always wonders what happens to the ones he was heavily involved with.
Looks like we'll be back to FHB this week for a review. She's never had a spur before.

Glad it's sorted :) Not sure if I've met Peter, but it's good that he's got RSPCA bunny experience. Hope she starts to eat more soon xx

Just been and got her some herbs, they're always good for getting her eating and she's tucking in. She's a had a few softened nuggets and it looks as if she's been in the dish of critical care I put out for her (Ori doesn't like it and somebuns been in it).

Her teeth are a mess, adding molar spurs to the equation won't really change much bless her. I suggested there'd be no charge seeing as she did her own dentistry ;) didn't get away with that though.

The poor soul. She is one of my favourites I have to admit. Not that I have favourites. Obviously. :lol: It's the way you describe her character I find very appealing! Love the fact you mentioned her own dentistry, how disgraceful they didn't let you off! :lol:

Bless her. Sorry I wasn't on earlier to send vibes, but adding them now for a continued recovery from her latest battle with those norty teeth.

The poor soul. She is one of my favourites I have to admit. Not that I have favourites. Obviously. :lol: It's the way you describe her character I find very appealing! Love the fact you mentioned her own dentistry, how disgraceful they didn't let you off! :lol:

Thanks :D She is one special little madam that's for sure :love:

Back