• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poor matt, he can't stop sneezing

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
he can't seem to stop sneezing and he's getting upset and thumping. :( some very thick bits of mucus have come out and his nose is all crusty now because it's dried on. going to get him in the nebuliser now and maybe bathe his nose if it doesn't loosen. poor bun. x

Awww bless, Hope he is feeling better soon :thumb: Bella was sneezing last night, im going to keep a close eye on her just in case.

I don't if I'm imagining this but my bunny has a allergy and sneezes sometimes but I've started giving her coneflower I can't spell the other name it's called echinacea ahh that's it I just sprinkle it on her hay she loves those like sticky bud heads and it seems to have helped :)

Awww bless, Hope he is feeling better soon :thumb: Bella was sneezing last night, im going to keep a close eye on her just in case.

the nebulising will help, but then he has to clear it all and he doesn't like that, but it has to be done. it must hurt sometimes i think as it's forced down their nose.

I don't if I'm imagining this but my bunny has a allergy and sneezes sometimes but I've started giving her coneflower I can't spell the other name it's called echinacea ahh that's it I just sprinkle it on her hay she loves those like sticky bud heads and it seems to have helped :)

i get the coneflower for them and matt loves those really spikey ones. he always grabs it and runs off so bisc can't have it! :lol:

i've not known this bad for a while. it's like he can't stop sneezing, even when he's cleared the build up. and all around his nose has dried mucus on. i feel so sorry for him.

time for his stronger meds i think, then to the vets if it doesn't stop after that, just incase he has something stuck up there. i don't think he does but you never know.

Back