• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I neeeeeeed that bunny!

el1983

Mama Doe
I have seen a gf for Woody, she is such a pretty bunny!!!!!! She has been on the rescue's site since October last year :cry: I just hope she is still there in May :love: I love her :love:

I have emailed the rescue place as it says she is not neutered, dont all rescues only rehome neutered bunnies? I really want her :love:

I have emailed the rescue place as it says she is not neutered, dont all rescues only rehome neutered bunnies? I really want her :love:

Most good rescues do neuter buns unless there is a health reason not to do so, or the bun is too young.

Its the Kirkby one, ive only just emailed to enquire so i wont expect an email back with it being so late. She is 1 and has been there since October.

Its the Kirkby one, ive only just emailed to enquire so i wont expect an email back with it being so late. She is 1 and has been there since October.

I volunteer at Kirkby rescue. All males are castrated, but Celia (who owns the rescue) doesn't spay females.

Celia has no internet access. Poly & Rob maintain and run the website and will deal with emails, so should get back to you quite soon. Poly is Antigone on RU.

I volunteer at Kirkby rescue. All males are castrated, but Celia (who owns the rescue) doesn't spay females.

Celia has no internet access. Poly & Rob maintain and run the website and will deal with emails, so should get back to you quite soon. Poly is Antigone on RU.

Ok thank you, thats a shame, i would of thought it would of been better to spay the girls, at least then even if they're put with an un neutered boy they couldnt get pregnant :( I really would of liked a spayed female it would of just made things easier all round tbh. I do really love the girl ive seen:love: she is the light grey rex no 1 on page 6 :D I think i will have to wait and see if she is still there in May and then decide. Thank you for replying. :thumb:

Last edited:
For many rescues it also depends on finances, because usually the adoption fee does not fully cover the cost of neutering so most rescues run at loss, surviving by fundraisers and putting their own money into it.
I'm pretty sure Kirby have lots of rabbits in and many are dumped on the doorstep so there is no option but to take them.:(

For many rescues it also depends on finances, because usually the adoption fee does not fully cover the cost of neutering so most rescues run at loss, surviving by fundraisers and putting their own money into it.
I'm pretty sure Kirby have lots of rabbits in and many are dumped on the doorstep so there is no option but to take them.:(

Yes i can understand that :thumb:, they did have alot of lovely rabbits in :( its not the fact that i would have to pay to get her spayed, its more that it would be easier for me if i could get a girl that was spayed already, what a shame :cry: she is so pretty :love:

You could always ask them to spay her and pay for it, the only problem would be if the bonding doesn't work- but I guess if you get her and spay her yourself you would be in the same position.

You could always ask them to spay her and pay for it, the only problem would be if the bonding doesn't work- but I guess if you get her and spay her yourself you would be in the same position.

I did think of that... Im getting Woody done next month, so i could maybe see if she is still there at the end of April and then see if they would go for that. Im going to have to have them in 2 seperate set ups anyway. The centre is about 2 hours away from us as well so it will be a good 4 hour trip to get her, i will have a think about it and if she is still there at the end of April then i will look into it further then.

Back