• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding, take 2 - Any advice?

MissSherwood89

Mama Doe
So, after last weeks disastrous attempt we've decided to take the slow approach to bonding. Olly, Mylo and myself have now set up camp in the living room (the only completely neutral room we have) and they are in their own puppy pens, side by side. Very peaceful so far, at least compared to last week. Mylo seems a lot more alert, but then she always has been a bit skittish, Olly just seems oblivious to everything! Of course, we have had the obligatory fot stomping from Mylo but other than that, not a lot to report. Now and again they'll have a little sniff through the bars (there is a gap in case of nips!) but they've mostly just been chilling out... Probably be a different story through the night but we shall see! :lol:

Bonding

My rabbits Miles&Poppy, took time to bond. But after we gradually introduced them they became the best of friends:) What I did aswell, is sit on the sofa, with a blanket and let them run over me. Then eventually they snuggled with each other and went to sleep :thumb:
hope the helpsand good luck
Loppy2
<3

Pretty quiet night, just a bit of stomping from Olly (but then he does that every night :roll:).

There has been a lot of this:
2013-03-03100412_zpsb7cb11e9.jpg

I'd love to know why our Princess is such a scruff! :lol:
2013-03-03100258_zps3416d526.jpg

Olly says HI!
2013-03-03100342_zps6fa8717c.jpg

They are too cute, I hope it works out! In my case, for some reason, having their cages side by side in a new, neutral room just made one the rabbits really territorial, aggressive and food defensive, but you do not seem to be seeing anything like that so it sounds like you are off to a good start! Do you plan to swap them into each other's space?

Yep, we've just swapped them actually. Mylo stomped a bit (of course! :roll:) and Olly made a very odd noise, not quite a grunt, sounded a bit higher pitched? :? Now they're both tucking into hay so hopefully that is the worst of it!

Another quiet night :) Obviously we're not going to rush into anything but I'm a bit unsure on what the next step is. They're perfectly fine being housed next to each other, tend to ignore each other more than anything but it scares me to death that as soon as we put them together we'd have a repeat of our first attempt. I've read countless threads/articles on this type of bonding but every one seems to have a different method, it's very confusing. Any tips would be very much appreciated :)

Back