• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooter Pen

shadow05

Mama Doe
Hiya everybody, :wave:

I'm just wanting to ask a housing question i currently have Scooter in a 5 by 5 pen in my bedroom. i know this isn't big enough but im currently setting up my bedroom at the moment going to be decorating and stuff. After i have done this i was wanting to sort him out with a different housing because hes gotten to wise to being kept in a pen now.

The problem im having is that the flooring in his cage is getting destroyed. he is currently on carpet it has lino tiles in certain places so that he cant rip it up. hes started destroying the tiles and is actually eating them which i would not have thought would be good :(. i don't know what to do with him now i was thinking about just getting a large hutch in my room and fitting it with laminate u know so its sort of water tight at least.

can anybody suggest a cheap temporary measure i can take until i can get him the hutch. i don't want to have to put him in his cage that hes got cause its too small for him and i only keep it for when he has to be out of my room.

it only has to be a temporary thing. but it has to be durable enough so that he cant chew or pick up.

i know its his nature to chew things but when we where living in the flat he was as good as gold and now that where back here hes gone bad to the bone lol

Can't you just get a lino off cut from a carpet shop? Laminate isn't water proof and is very slippery.

i have been thinking about tht for a while but i think he would more than likely chew through it.

he has a box in his cage and some other stuff to chew but hes become addicted to eating adhesive lino tiles and carpet. hes managed to eat a fair bit of it im having to sort of distract him from the areas hes damaged at the moment but i dont know how much longer this will work for. i keep trying to let him out of his pen for longer than half an hour but its a slow process if i leave him out for to long he starts causing damage to my bedroom which im having to pay to have fixed :(.

i also keep trying to think of creative things for him to do when hes out as well like when i can get enought cardboard together i try making him a castle or something. im running out of ideas though.

I doubt he would chew it if he couldn't get to the edges, that's the problem with the tiles, the edges are exposed.

I had pens with lino bases and they never got chewed as the edges were 'sandwiched' with wood battens.

a4d582b0.jpg

i dont know hes a very rescourcful rabbit. ive asked my mom if we have any bathroom tiles. do u think these wud do for now? there marble and pretty huge.

ive put these bathroom tiles down and just turned them around so he doesnt skid everywhere. he seems to be okay with them at least the grind his nails down. i keep cutting them but they just dont seem to be going down. :?

Back