• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies snore???

bunkin

Warren Veteran
Never having had a housebun before, today my bun was asleep ( they keep their eyes open a bit:shock:) and I heard little squeeking noises which I realised were coming from him. He was def asleep as I got very close to him before he noticed me and he woke up and had a big stretch.

Having never been in the company of a sleeping bunny before this is new one on me.

Do bunnies snore or should I say squeek in their sleep??

Thats it exactly just this little squeeky whistly noise in time with his breathing.

:shock:bunny snores as well as huband - I am surrounded!

Does he sneeze at all? Nutmeg snores but she has problems with lungs, some damage from an untreated case of snuffles a long time ago.

This is what she sounds like...

I could not hear any sound on your recording sorry. No he has never been a sneezy bunny or had any discharge at all and it is a very very quiet noise and only when he is fast asleep.

Yes they can definitely snore. My nethie dwarf Henry used to snore , I put it down to his squished up face ... kinda like a pug. I think they can be big snorers too!

I could not hear any sound on your recording sorry. No he has never been a sneezy bunny or had any discharge at all and it is a very very quiet noise and only when he is fast asleep.

It's about ten seconds in, may need to turn up your speakers. :)

Last edited:
I heard the snore once I turned my vol up alot - wow thats a real snore:D

My buns is a much quieter version but similar.

I heard the snore once I turned my vol up alot - wow thats a real snore:D

My buns is a much quieter version but similar.

I was going to put my phone a bit closer to her but I just knew she'd end up waking up. That was my second attempt :lol: She was in the middle of another snuffles episode at the time so that didn't help. Antibiotics have kicked in now and it's not quite so loud.

As if to make the point she is now asleep under my bed and snoring. :lol:

Back